The Senior Urban Designer is responsible for addressing the design aspects of urban development at all levels: the city structure (overall urban form and image), specific area plans (e.g. the waterfront, city center, etc.), subdivision plans, streetscape plans, and site planning e.g. lot layout, façade details etc.).
• To review existing plans and analyze urban design issues at the level required (city scale to lot scale) and make recommendations for change as necessary.
• To prepare urban designs solutions and reports (text and especially graphics) on all aspects of urban design, including city image, site design, building design, streetscape, signage, landscaping, lighting, and public art.
• To make presentations when required.
• To work with engineering and planning staff on resolving design issues.
• To review developer proposals and make comments as necessary.
• To prepare Specific Area Plans for localized parts of the city.
• To provide advice on elements of urban design at the streetscape and site-specific level.
• To provide input on urban design for Zoning Regulations and similar implementation measures.
• To sit on committees and provide advice and input to senior management on urban design factors.
• To prepare Technical Scope of Work for projects carried out by the Urban Design Unit.
• To perform any task in the related field assigned by Urban Planning Director & Manager or by Royal Commission Upper Management.