Assist in the provision and delivery of a comprehensive, strategic HR service to the Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies. A strong emphasis on communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders. Holds primary accountability for HR services as directed by the HRBP.
- Prepare department analysis on manpower costs, census reports, number of vacancies and any other ad hoc reports and analysis.
- Obtain HRBP approval on org structure changes & updates and Liaise with HR-Connect to ensure all changes are reflected on system in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the department managers/associates and provide support / advice on queries including (but not limited to); contractual, AFG HR policy queries, PDR, welfare (compassionate and emergency leave) requests, directing to Group HR where appropriate.
- Act as a trusted business partner and coach managers & associates to create an environment of collaboration and team work.
- Consult and support line managers across the group and ensure their buy-in to all initiatives.
- Identify relationship challenges and address it with teams based on the following priorities:
- Try to discuss and resolve on friendly basis through consoling to both parties.
- Address it officially through the HR department by conducting documented hearing sessions in the presence of the HRBP
- Work closely with the HRBP & Group ER to provide information, evidence, and input.
- Support line managers in creating a culture of employee engagement based upon AFG values. Reinforce at all times a culture of performance-focus and diversity.
- Work with the HRBP in applying the disciplinary procedure where necessary. Minute meetings and formulate evidence and related documents to individual cases.
- Act as a trusted impartial advisor to employees seeking guidance and advice. Provide clarity and knowledge to employees as per policy and procedure.
Performance Management (PDR)
- Guide managers with actions relating to performance management (disciplinary) of associates, including advising on actions to monitor performance.
- Assist in ensuring PDR compliance is met across the business
- Play an active role in assessing MP requirements, prepare and review MP budgets and forecast.
- Ensure annual manpower budgeting exercise is conducted accurately and efficiently in collaboration with HRBP.
- Play an active role in the Recruitment process (Department specific) for roles up to Band G.
- Support line managers in the design of the job profile, technical assessment and interview questionnaire. Conduct competency based panel interviews with line managers.
- Development and execution of innovative and appropriate recruitment solutions to attract quality staff in line with vary business requirements. Research & recommend on recruitment strategy including process, best practice, and localisation opportunities.
- Assess and analyse the business needs prior to advertisement stage by gathering information about the nature of the job; the contents, the purpose, the efficiencies within the concerned department, the output required and how the role would fit into the overall objective of the organization.
- To ensure compliance to HR policy is maintained, to review and strengthen business internal controls and procedures, ensure compliance of DOA and provide leadership on process and governance.
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and other requirements.
- To ensure that Emiratisation focus is maintained and diversification goals are reinforced and achieved.
- Reinforce the communication and use of the AFG values
- Emiratisation focus and diversification of MP.
- Professional representation of HR in dealings with managers and stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
Human Resource, Psychology or Business Management Degree
4-5 years as an HR Generalist experience.
Recruitment, Employee Relations, Good Communication and Problem-Solving Skills, Analytical Skills, Reward and Recognition, Comp and Benefits.
Achievement Orientated, solution orientated and team working skills.