A Private Group of Company in Dubai are looking to hire:
“HEAD OF LEGAL”
Head of legal job description
Responsible for providing guidance on corporate governance, negotiating and drafting contracts, risk management, and the development of plans and policies. They are also tasked with ensuring that the legal department – staff and resources – are managed effectively.
Head of legal department responsibilities
* Responsible for all members of the legal team.
* Manage all legal affairs related to the structure of the organization, its commercial licenses, and commercial law compliance.
* Acts as the main contact within the organization’s legal team, and is expected to build strong and amicable relationships with vendors, housing authorities, landlords and external legal counsel.
* Ensuring all members of the legal team work efficiently
* Provide legal advice to the business and its leaders
* Identifying and mitigating legal risks
* Helping to draft, vet and negotiate contracts
* Conducting legal training for staff
* Advising on the legal implications of company policies and procedures
* Ensuring all contracts, legal documents and templates are up-to-date and compliant with statutory laws
* Reporting on legal activities, risks and litigation
Head of legal qualifications, skills and experience
* Preferably Western National
* Should have a law degree
* Have a minimum of twenty years’ experience in the core legal function.
* With Investment & Banking Experience
* Knowledge of UAE Labor Laws
* Senior management experience and post-qualified experience is usually preferable, too.
Soft skills needed for the role are as follows:
* Excellent attention to detail
* Good interpersonal skills
* Ability to multitask
* Strategic thinking