- The General Counsel is responsible for leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives.
- The General Counsel will give effective advice to the Executive Management Team
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities Required
- Requires a law degree and 12 years of experience in a law firm or in-house
- A professional level of knowledge of legal practices and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the areas of contracts, corporate and commercial law, corporate organization, and governance.
- In-depth knowledge of KSA laws and regulations which affect corporate and patient care operations by a health care provider generally and experience of dealing with the MOH.
- Experience in working with top-level executives/directors.
- Experience managing other attorneys and supervising support staff in a law firm or in-house and managing outside legal resources with a focus on cost-efficiency.
The Following Skills Are Required
- Highly developed analytical legal skills;
- Ability and willingness to learn new areas of law as required;
- Ability to communicate and demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage workload effectively;
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand contracts and contractual provisions and an ability to explain legal concepts to non-lawyers; and
- Ability to draft documentation of substantial complexity.
- Licensed to practice as a lawyer (e.g. member of the U.S. Bar)