Serves as strategic thought partner and leader in driving value creation through entrepreneurial mindset and in-depth business understanding. Customer-facing role, which guides the organization through financial stewardship and has the ability to focus on results and drive productivity and transformational business initiatives cross-functionally. Enables transparency and insights to make good business decisions. Builds networks across the organization to support the one company enterprise mindset. Understands and lives the Finance Framework, mindset and behaviours.
- Capable of understanding strategic business dynamics and supports and influences the decision making process and guides Business Partners to value based decisions, using appropriate tools and financial methodology
- Performs planning cycles, build tools and processes to ensure strong planning assumptions in a timely and high quality manner; oversee the Event-Driven Planning process
- Communicates and builds a working relationship at all levels within the Local (Squads, Chapters, NL Finance community) and Global organization (COFI, Region Europe Controllers Community)
- Leads data driven innovation and value creation for the business and value based healthcare
- Possesses a strategic mindset to design Data Strategy for the Affiliate
- Understands systems and data flows in order to advise on relevancy of data science projects and on way of working with data and tooling
- Builds/maintains strong partnerships with the business/squads, is well-informed and highly involved in strategic and material Squad decision making processes, challenge the status quo and assumptions
- Navigates with the business/squads to meet goals by proactively providing information and business insights; links business objectives and goals to strategy and business plan
- Provides the holistic Affiliate, Regional and Global picture to the business/squads to facilitate their decision making.
- Responsible for effective performance analyses, identification of risks and opportunities, recommendations for corrective actions
- Develops and implements business cases around project efficiency; creates and exchanges best practices
- Proposes new financial KPI’s to measure performance in light of unique business/squad dynamics
- Responsible for the operationalising the event driven business planning process and optimising resource allocation in the Affiliate
- Fosters an exchange of ideas and support amongst colleagues to ensure a strong collaboration with the overall Finance Chapter team
- Facilitates the business/squads in evaluating and optimizing investments
- Proposes analytic tools to challenge and explain deviations (trend analysis, scenario planning)
- Consolidates sales and product related costs
- Leads (major) finance related projects/initiatives, provides support and expertise to other projects/initiatives
- within the Business Controlling Team
- A contributing member of the Region Europe Controllers Community to influence (finance) processes and policies
- Active participation in local & regional/global projects.
- Create a data strategy for the Affiliate in order to facilitate achievement of its long term vision
- Capable of thinking strategically in terms of data driven innovation and value creation for the business and value based healthcare and liaise with relevant stakeholders to implement the same
- Advise ELT/Affiliate on relevancy of data science projects and on way of working with data and tooling
- Transform complex information into pragmatic short and middle term goals
- Lead the business analysts (two reportees) to improve the efficiency, quality and design of reports and extracts from multiple data sources
- Participates to improve efficiency throughout systems (SAP, BW, APEX…) and processes within local and global organizations
- Ensures maintenance of high quality of information
- Preferably a Master degree in Finance, Econometrics, Mathematics, Business Administration or related field.
- Essential to have knowledge of data (science) – practical experience/skill is a plus
- Experience in Finance Analytics role, preferably within an international matrix organization; Pharma experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in a multidisciplinary group and demonstrated project management experience.
- Interpersonal skills
- Agile mindset
- Data driven