Our client (Confidential)
Our client is a government entity in Abu Dhabi in the financial services sector. They provide concessionary loans and grants to governments of developing countries to fund economic development projects in these countries. It is one of the oldest institutions in Abu Dhabi.
About the role
The key purpose of this role is to to carry out all general accounting activities, in accordance with UAE & International Accounting standards / “Client’s” policies & procedures, as well as ensure the availability of accurate financial records to facilitate statutory and organizational requirements. This role lies in the Accounts and Budgeting division in the Finance function and reports to the Senior Manager – Accounts and Budgeting.
– Oversee and ensure the accurate verification of all expenditure documents to assess if they are in accordance with all parameters of signed contracts and agreements prior to forwarding the same to Director Accounts and Budget for approval, while monitoring the recording and maintenance of all financial transactions / information within “THE CLIENT” as per set standards and in line with UAE & International accounting policies
– Ensure effective maintenance of receivables, accounts payable and general ledger to provide accurate information on financial parameters of the organization
– Execute month-end and year-end closing activities as per policies and procedures, maintain and reconcile General Ledger accounts ensuring quality and efficiency in deliverables as per UAE and International accounting standards specially in the year end closing.
– Process transfer slips for the invoice payments and expenses, and ensure the effective maintenance of receivables (.i.e. interest receivable, sponsorship income, staff advances) and other debit balances in order to facilitate timely reconciliation.
– Initiate monthly reconciliation of accounts in coordination with other sections in order to ensure timely compilation of monthly reconciled accounts through following up reconciliation statements, scrutinizing and regularizing un-reconciled items, identifying abnormal variances, receiving and understanding reasons for the variances to initiate appropriate action, and maintaining proper records to ensure General Ledger balances match with the sub-ledgers
– Perform all activities related to maintenance of fixed asset accounts by adding, disposing or transferring assets to ensure balances in accounts are a true representation of facts.
– Direct and confirm depreciation rates for capital assets as per “THE CLIENT”’s policy on a monthly basis in order to initiate execution of depreciation run to effect transfer of depreciation to the General Ledger.
– Perform all activities related to Capital Expenditure by following the relevant procedures to ensure expenditure is within limits of approved budget and proper accounting.
– Support and provide assistance to facilitate completion of audit proceedings, ensuring adherence to statutory standards & “THE CLIENT” procedures.