To aid the adoption of Qatar Cool’s Framework of Excellence, management systems related to operations, operational integrity, asset management and HSSE, through leading the efforts of multidisciplinary and departments to define and deliver the required QCFE documentation (Manuals, Procedures, Processes).
In doing so the incumbent will coordinate the efforts in completing the assignment with all stakeholders and will obtain all required information and data, considering all hazards and risks considering and undertaking job/work safety assessments to deliver high quality, value-adding business documents (System Documents, Manuals, Procedures and Safety-Critical Procedures to the organisation inline with Qatar Cool’s Framework of Excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures:
- Create, write, develop and coordinate the implementation of Qatar Cool Management Systems relating to Operating and Maintenance Procedures, Work Management (including Permit to Work and Maintenance Planning), Asset Management and HSSE. Ensuring that the Expectations and Guidelines of Qatar Cool’s Framework of Excellence (QCFE) are met, through the use of simple plain English through an excellent command of the English language and considering the 7C’s of communication.
- Define suitable methodologies, methods, and templates to ensure ease of document use. Setting up document standards, styles, and formats. Collecting relevant, often very complex information and presenting it in the simplest and most appropriate way.
- Producing new documents such as policies, procedures, reports, quality plans, manuals, integrity critical documents, proof testing instructions and work aids.
- Gathering and analyzing the information needs of the users.
- Planning the order of the information, organizing, and designing the information effectively.
- Writing, reviewing, proofreading, formatting, editing, and validating documents produced by team members in accordance with internal controls specified prior to issue.
- Liaising with team members to ensure the information contained within technical documents is timely, accurate and up to date.
- Liaising with stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure documents contain the required information to specialized and general topics are addressed.
- Recording all document amendments as track changes for future reference and auditing purposes.
- Indexing and cataloguing material, in conjunction with Document Control.
- Producing all documents to a high standard of presentation and accuracy, writing, and presenting the information in plain English.
- Undertake Process Mapping activities and process re-engineering activities and ensure that such is presented in QCFE documentation effectively and user friendly.
- Liaise with internal auditing bodies and follow up on actions as necessary.
- In leading the development of documentation, ensure that the relevant Job / Work Analysis is undertaken to ensure that all hazards are identified and mitigated.
- Providing details of assigned roles and responsibilities to Senior Managers for their review and update of Job Descriptions (if required) in conjunction with HR.
- Provide the required support to develop business processes throughout the organization, defining the end-to-end process, including all necessary responsibilities, measures, monitoring and methodologies to deliver process outputs.
- Undertake process analysis identifying issues, inefficiencies and wastes for continual improvement purposes.
- Support and undertake any tasks related to technical writing, such as advising, creation and development on technical content and process mapping.
- Higher National Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Engineering or related field
- Certified internal/lead auditor in ISO 9001
- Ideally, 15 years of relevant experience, including:
- Completion of time served recognized apprenticeship.
- Working experience in operations roles (control room environment) and or technical trade role (mechanical, electrical, or instrumentation and controls).
- Working experience in Technical Writer role within utilities and or oil and gas sectors.
- Working experience in working in highly regulated environments (COMAH / Seveso).
- Proven track record within the Quality or Risk department of a similar-sized organization.
- Advanced knowledge of process mapping, Visio, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Packages.
- Ability to express instructions clearly and briefly, good communication skills both written and spoken.
- Excellent writing and documentation skills and the ability to produce visually attractive instructions.
- Accurate and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to absorb information quickly, and the ability to gather information from and for people.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of leading practices within the field.
- Comprehensive knowledge experience of Operational Integrity / Operational Excellence Frameworks.
- Advanced computer skills
- The ability to work to tight schedules and on several projects concurrently.Team player, proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- Ability to check all technical material for consistency and accuracy