- Oversee all permanent and temporary works design carried out in relation to the company’s operations.
- Supervise technical matters on external permanent and temporary works design to ensure compliance with relevant engineering/design requirements/bid documents.
- Liaison with managers to ensure efficient communication, immediate response to design/construction related queries and timely transfer of drawings/documents.
- Provide solution of engineering and planning all aspects of the operational works.
- Liaison with permanent and temporary works design consultants as and when required and checking of any associated drawings and documents.
- Assist the project team in all technical issues.
- Liaison with the Client’s Representative on all engineering matters.
- Arrange for the necessary approval of permanent works materials by the appropriate design consultant Client Representative.
- Set up Document Control System for the distribution of permanent and temporary works drawings/engineering drawings and documentation both internally and externally.
- Coordinate and liaison with all statutory authorities and representatives from other organizations.
- Arrange for certification of in-house and external design in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Supervise in-house planning section and monitor progress of the works relating to the contract programmer.
- Implement and coordinate the development of a design programmer to meet the requirements of procurement and construction programmer.
- Manage and review “value engineering” procedures.
- Fulfilling the role of Design Manager / Temporary Works Design Coordinator as necessary for projects.
- Other duties as directed.
- Possess a professional engineering qualification with a degree in Civil Engineering.
- 15 to 20 years working experience in similar capacity with experience in Hotel Projects
- Must be able to liaise with clients, government authority, consultants and suppliers.
- Proficient in Ms Office. Proficiency in AutoCAD and REVIT is considered an added value
- Previous experience in 5 star Hotel Projects
- Independent, self-motivated, and result-oriented.