Freshbooks is an Accounting Software As a Service solution founded in 2003. The company is a unicorn and has its headquarters in Canada and a European hub in Amsterdam. With a team of 500+ members and customers served in over 120 countries, the company is fastly expanding and growing remote hubs. FreshBooks is partnering with robusta to build its first African hub out of Egypt. Together, FreshBooks and robusta aim to grow a team of 20 software engineers over a period of 18 months.
The team hired in Egypt will be part of the EMEA region and will work directly with other FreshBooks teams in Europe.
Known for extraordinary product and customer service experiences and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries, with offices in the U.S., Netherlands, Mexico, Germany and Croatia.
What you’ll do;
- Build real world applications that have a meaningful impact on customers
- Make sound decisions even in the absence of complete information, and recognize when to over engineer and when not to
- Design and develop application technologies that optimize solution operation and minimize maintenance overhead
- Collaborate with full-stack and mobile developers on cross-functional Agile teams working on features for our customers
- Work closely with UX designers and Product owners to ensure the best web experience for our customers
- Contribute to a large codebase that contains a multitude of customer features
- Participate and share your ideas in technical design and architecture discussions
- Ensure quality through automated and exploratory testing
- Ship your code with our continuous integration process
- Develop your craft and build your expertise in web full stack development
- Mentor others, versus just answering questions – Pairing and mentoring others is an integral part of this level
- Able to make an effective technical or business case for code changes
- Motivates team members towards high quality work
- Demonstrate passion about building high quality software that addresses customer needs
- Be a proactive communicator who enjoys working closely with creative and technical peers
- Work in a dynamic Agile based environment