Leasing Agent supports and assists the company with marketing and leasing properties. She/he will ensure properties are maintained effectively, market properties and screen prospective tenants. She/he will preserve favorable relations with property owners and tenants, contribute to a positive atmosphere in the office and portray a positive image of the company in your activities. You will oversee and coordinate the orientation of new tenants, and assist with performing office management and clerical tasks. To be successful , the leasing agent need to balance the needs of property owners with those of tenants, and achieve occupancy and rental goals. Top applicants are proficient multitaskers, organized and have strong people skills.
– Recording and updating details of prospective and existing landlords and tenants into computer database swiftly.
– Examining properties and informing maintenance staff of issues.
– Advertising available properties and conducting property tours as part of marketing activities.
– Screening prospective tenants to ensure they meet eligibility requirements.
– Completing lease applications and assisting with verification of application information.
– Informing prospective tenants of results.
– Inspecting properties when tenants take occupation and vacate.
– Liaising with tenants to provide information and address their complaints and concerns.
– Maintaining and storing documentation effectively.
– Accepting rent payments, security deposits and other applicable fees.