Careers that Change Lives
- QA team lead manage the day-to-day activities of QA team members, including scheduling and managing ongoing projects. Conduct employee training and evaluation and may provide support during the hiring and onboarding process. Oversee team members’ work to ensure that they adhere to specifications.
- Supervise the over-all Quality Assurance – Shared Services Center team based in Manila for Asia Pacific Region – Japan and Korea on the following activities:
- Product Complaint Report Intake
- Complaint Determination including closure of Non-complaints
- Foreign Event Reporting Translations
- Request for any Add
A Day in the Life
- Utilizes problem-solving abilities to uncover problems within systems and to identify and suggest areas for improvements. Analyzes trends, develops and implements creative solutions, and completes projects as needed to ensure efficient operations and processes.
- Serves as lead to department employees including monitoring and assigning jobs and mentoring and training staff. Effectively coordinates team projects or department work groups.
- Setting goals for performance and deadlines covers the scope of Shared Services Center in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision
- Organize workflow and ensure that each team members understand their duties & performance metrics
- Monitor each team member’s productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Escalate on information from upper management to team members and vice versa
- Acts as escalation point for issues concerning the scope of QA Shared Services Center activities.
- Responsible in executing other duties that are assigned by APAC SSC Manager, SSC Subject Matter Experts, Program Manager &/or respective Country QA.
- Provide monthly reports for the Project scope of QA Shared Services Center activities to APAC SSC Manager.
- Support in achieving assigned goals and KPIs to meet quality requirements and objectives
- Prepare and submit performance reports
- Decide on reward and promotion based on performance
- Hire and train new employees
- Work within and actively promote Medtronic’s Mission, corporate strategies, policies, procedures and Code of Conduct.
Must Have – Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Science course or Engineering/ Quality Management or related discipline.
- Experience in handling/executing Field corrective action is an advantage.
- Computer literacy including sound knowledge of the MS Office Suite of software.
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
- Good understanding of GDP and its implementation is required. Knowledge of ISO 13485 and its implementation will be an added advantage
- Sound working knowledge of ISO13485 is an advantage.
Nice to Have
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Good verbal communicator and presenter
- Professional presentation and “Presence”
- Can work autonomously but is also a team player
- Self motivated and positive
- Outgoing and friendly: Enthusiastic, energetic
- “Can do” attitude
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with all levels of customer base
- Good time manager: Well organized, able to set and reset priorities
- Willingness to learn, especially technical information
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.