Lead a project in Pipeline by overseeing project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, cost management, engineering, procurement, execution and handing-over, in compliance with quality, health, safety and environmental management standards within set deadlines and as per client’s requirements.
Project Management Activities
· Build and maintain a solid & positive relationship with the client and project stakeholders; promptly resolve occurring issues, secure alignment, and maintain an efficient communication to ensure the highest level of their satisfaction.
· Manage the Project Communication whether with Consultants, Client, Subcontractors, Vendors, Interface Contractors, Authorities, securing the Contract requirements and protecting the Company’s interests accordingly.
· Review project documents and draft contract at tendering phase and provide relevant recommendations and assistance as well as contribute to preparing Tender Stage Execution Plan.
· Prepare the execution phase by defining project scope, plans, schedule & requirements and oversee the engineering stage, ensuring timely completion of design documents to support procurement and construction.
· Set up the project construction plans & methodology as well as reporting procedures (Productivity & Progress reports, cost reports – labor & material, site office procedures, document drawing control) in accordance with contract requirements and company standards.
· Obtain all necessary permits, documents, and licenses as per Interface requirements and local rules and regulations.
· Identify, request, and ascertain duly mobilization, based on the loaded schedule, all machinery, equipment, and human resources/Manpower required to execute the works; coordinate requirements with concerned Departments based on the Project Schedule and available resources in the Area. Secure additional resources as and when needed. Oversee the HR/Administration & Plant activities on site.
· Select project teams in coordination with the Area Manager, define objectives, provide/request training, and support, and continuously evaluate performance.
· Oversee the preparation of Procurement & Subcontract Plans based on the Project Schedule.
· Manage & supervise the project procurement & Subcontract functions on site, including Project stores, to ensure timely purchase/delivery of Temporary & Permanent material and execution of Subcontracts, as per technical requirements.
· Ensure required performance needs, warrantees, guarantees, and Insurances are provided as per Contract and Company requirements.
· Oversee the execution of the project to ensure that construction activities progress according to predetermined schedule and budget, while maintaining strict adherence to QHSE standards.
· Synchronize the efforts of all parties involved in the project including architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors, and internal resources, to ensure that work is completed as per clients’ requirements, schedule, and milestones.
· Handle the administration of project contracts; negotiate revisions, changes, and additions to contractual agreements with concerned parties including Claims, and resolve occurring disputes.
· Maintain the project budget, review, and validate purchase orders and invoices, negotiate variations with the client in the best interest of the company to secure project profitability, and ensure timely payment by Client and to Vendors/subcontractors.
· Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction site, and ensure that proper corrective action is taken.
· Ensure that Progress Payments, progress reports, Subcontractors/Vendors Invoices, cost tracking reports and project documentation are always checked for correctness and compliance and are timely submitted to concerned parties as per set policies.
· Stray abreast of new governmental rules, regulations and restrictions and ensure compliance at all times.
· Lead the project close-out phase by timely making project ready to turn over to the client, and ensure relevant documentation is properly archived and handed over including project records, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work documents, etc.
· Perform various responsibilities related to team management including hiring, setting goals, managing absence & successions, reviewing performance, coaching, deciding on merit increases and promotional opportunities, taking disciplinary actions and resolving grievances and conflicts.
· Carry out other similar duties that can be defined within the broad functional job and functional responsibilities outlined above and as instructed by the immediate manager.
· Planning & Organization
· Project Management
· Interpersonal Skills
· Communication Skills (verbal & written)
· Problem Solving