Within delegated authority, the Field Monitoring Assistant will be responsible for the following duties: (Theseduties are not all-inclusive nor exhaustive)
• Verify the planned movements of distribution of food or non-food items, reporting issues or discrepancies tothe supervisor for timely resolution of problems and to ensure that the quantity distributed, and the quality ofthe operation is in line with WFP standards.
• Maintain assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, such as records of commoditymovements and programme check lists, to assist in the effective delivery and distribution of food items or non-food items.
• Collate assistance programme(s) data in accordance with clear direction, to support programme reviews andinformative decision-making.
• Liaise with cooperating partners and internal counterparts to gather feedback and comments to supportprogramme reviews and improve services.
• Receive and collate comments and feedback from cooperating partners and beneficiaries to supportidentifying programmatic issues with a view to fostering efficient operations.
• Provide guidance for cooperating partners on WFP operational practices, monitoring tools and methods inorder to support them to complete self-monitoring tasks to contribute to the visibility of WFP in the coverageareas.
• Prepare field mission reports to document programme implementation.
• Follow set emergency response processes and procedures for emergency food assistance.
Functional Capabilities and skills required to deliver outputs
• Strategic Management: Displays basic understanding of WFP’s policies and strategies to perform monitoringactivities.
• Performance Management: Applies knowledge of WFP’s performance management system to manageresources and relationships to undertake monitoring actions to WFP monitoring quality standards.
Terms of Reference
• Data Analytics and Visualization: Collects and summarizes programme data, including information onshipments, distribution site logistics, the status of persons in need and beneficiaries planned and reached forall programme assistance modalities and activities.
• Programme Monitoring and Review: Gathers, organizes, and provides data on programme outputs, processes and outcomes, including distribution plans and the status, quantity, and quality of food and cash distributed and technical assistance provided.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Completion of secondary school education.
At least three years of overall experience.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in Arabic and in English.
Education: Completion of secondary school education.