- Assessing landscapes and their eco-systems
- Surveying sites to identify existing natural resources, plant and animal life
- Advising on the impact of proposed changes to land use
- Meeting communities and involving others in managing public spaces
- Producing plans and reports on landscape preservation
- Devising management and maintenance plans, to ensure spaces are preserved for future use and enjoyment
- Advising others on the long term care and development of a landscape
- Drawing up contracts and overseeing contractors
- Applying for funding and managing bids
- Supervising construction projects carried out by landscape architects
- Advising on planning applications and public enquiries.
- Passion for plants and animals
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- An interest in technology.