We’re seeking a Junior Architect to support the Construction Director and project management team to ensure good production of construction drawings and that the construction cost targets are met, interfacing with project organization, subcontractors and construction suppliers.
The candidate will work as a team member, able to create new ideas both in collaboration and independently and feels comfortable growing in a fast-paced environment. The Junior Architect will work on all pre-construction and construction phases such as: construction drawings, Project Estimation & Bidding, Permit Submission, RFI’s, and coordination with the other departments on the projects. Candidates must be proficient in Revit software and have strong technical skills.
The Junior Architect will be based in the Amman office and reports directly to the Team Leader or Associate of the current project and ultimately to the Construction Director.
- Produce detailed documentation packages for construction
- Design and documentation across all project stages
- High-level of detailing required
- Work as part of a creative team and coordinate with all departments
- Collaborate on design projects from conceptual design through design development to construction
- Develop construction documents from approved client schematic designs
- Develop the scope of work for the civil and structural construction Contracts. Provide technical support during the bidding process and construction
- Work with consultants, contractors, and fabricators to ensure overall project objectives are met.
- Participate in the construction administration of projects and review of submittals and finish samples.
- Research materials and assemblies for appropriate incorporation into design and construction drawings as directed by a supervisor
- Research and apply applicable basic code issues
- Coordinate as needed with engineering disciplines
- Assist with permitting process and RFI submittals
- Assist with bidding processes and construction administration tasks
- Candidates should have strong construction and design and technical skills, as well as excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Must have experience with single/multi-family residential, commercial and private club work
- Must have the ability to assist with or independently run phases from schematic design to construction documents
- Experience with site planning and zoning analysis
- Must be self-oriented, motivated with the desire to learn and grow quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (or equivalent) is required.
- Requires proficiency in the application of architectural design standards, practices, techniques, and concepts.
- Proficiency in Revit, Photoshop, Lumion, CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with architectural design is also required, as well as the ability to perform as a job leader.