Perform maintenance and repair of all Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning units in the property, by regular inspection involving taking readings to check performance, conducting the planned maintenance of all parts and equipment to ensure that they are kept in a good operational condition and achieve optimum performance and safety.
- Takes charge, is decisive and gets things done to agreed standards, with minimum supervision and follow up. Stretches to manage difficult situations & maintain professional relationships, even when under pressure. Dependable, especially in a crisis!
- Takes initiative and goes the extra mile to improve the internal and/or external “customer experience”. Resolves issues fairly – with ‘head & heart’. A ‘go-to-person’ for internal/ external customers to resolve issues.
- Anticipates and prepares for the future to ensure agreed results are delivered; proactive in identifying and leveraging opportunities and/or preventing/ resolving problems which could reduce quality or delay the delivery of results.
- Reaches out and collaborates with direct reports/ team members, other teams and departments to help the company win. Takes responsibility for his/her tasks on the team. A positive, professional influence at work – people enjoy working with him/ her.
- Challenges the ‘status quo’ and contributes ideas which measurably improve team/ department efficiency and/ or effectiveness. Encourages and supports new ways of thinking/working. A ‘creative problem solver’ for the team.
- Does what is right, in the right way – in all circumstances. Raises concerns and seeks help when he/she observes/ is aware of activities/ behaviours contrary to company policy or values. Supports others who need help, to do what’s right.
- Ensures professional knowledge/ skills/ behaviours are developed to overcome existing or anticipated challenges at work. Actively seeks and receives feedback positively, using it to grow. Helps others with their professional development.
- Undertake a daily routine involving the physical checking of the property heating, ventilation and air-conditioning units, by taking readings to check pressure, any abnormal noises, leaks, vibration and temperature to ensure that all are working effectively and safely and to avoid major breakdown and damage of equipment.
- Undertake a weekly routine by checking the operational load on each component of the equipment such as the compressor and fan motor to identify any abnormality to take the necessary measures and to rectify the faults before a breakdown occurs and avoid damage or breakdown of equipment.
- Carry out preventive maintenance on all heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment, such as cleaning the condenser coil and filters and greasing all mechanical parts, to ensure that all equipment and parts are functioning correctly and are kept in a good operational condition.
- Carry out annual maintenance of all heating, ventilation and air-conditioning equipment, such as replacing the blower and motor bearings, overhauling the compressors, changing the drier cores, cleaning various parts such as flues, cooling coils and electrical panel boards and running each unit to check correct and efficient performance.
- Perform other related duties as and when assigned by HVAC Senior Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of all sensitive matters relating to the business in general and Maintenance Department
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested
- Every job is done to a high standard and as per the instructions.
- Minimized number of breakdowns and damage of equipment.
- Perform physical activities that include indoor and outdoor work.
- Work under pressure and within time constraints in the event of an emergency.
- High school / Diploma with a HVAC / safety relevant course
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role in Hospitals, Shopping Malls and hotels
- Good in English – Basic Arabic