Share this Job
Cluster Planning DirectorApply now »Date: 31-Jan-2021Location: QACompany: Power International HoldingJob SummaryResponsible for the planning, scheduling, monitoring of projects and execution of several high-profile projects by ensuring quality, legal aspects, cost effectiveness and timely completion of projects. This position drives strategic initiatives. and supports the development of long-term growth plans and profitability goals of the organizationJob Accountabilities
- Directs and oversees an organization’s strategic and long-range goal planning function.
- Manages planning works in multiple projects simultaneously
- Reviews and recommends development proposals for compliance with various developmental regulations and with principles and practices.
- Works closely with the project teams and service providers to ensure full integration and efficient use of resources to meet requirements.
- Monitors project progress to ensure timely delivery of key milestones and deliverables
Roles & Responsibilities1. Strategic Planning and Legal Compliance
- Determines the strategies and plans to be used in the planning department in order to deliver the most efficient result by investigating the latest trends in the field of planning and implement appropriate best practices in the organization.
- Provides strategic project management input of the planning project including financial management.
2. Operational Excellence
- Ensures proper coordination and communication with the Top Management and the whole organization. Review and approve all reports in compliance to the standards and to improve continuously in order to make the organization a learning performance organization.
- Works closely with project management teams to assure timely activities, high-quality incorporation and efficient use of resources to meet requirements.
- Analyzes operations needs and develops programs to meet these needs in accordance with established organization policies and available resources
- Leads quantitative and qualitative analytic work that unlocks business insights and drives sound decision-making on key business issues
- Provides management and project teams with schedule reports on project’s status and escalate issues as necessary on weekly and monthly basis.
- Monitors progress throughout the organization master schedules and comparing it with the projected schedule of work
- Supports Senior Management in the effective management of the project schedules
- Leads and directs project activities and maintains regular communications with contractors and consultants.
3. Financial Management
- Manages the budget of the department to ensure proper expenditures, prevent losses and maximize the department resources.
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge in Principles of Planning and Project Management
- Knowledge in Construction Law, Change Management, and principles and practices of research and data collection
- Knowledge of Safety, Quality and Cost Objectives
- Familiarity with Planning practices and the associated software such as Advanced Primavera6
- Knowledge in building construction planning and scheduling
- Advance knowledge of project planning software like MS projects or primavera
- Strong cost control knowledge & knowledge in preparation of EOT claims & delay analysis
- Advanced level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes
- Professional Client Management
- Familiar with local and international standards in construction
Job ExperienceTotal 18 year(s)On Job 9 year(s)GCC 5 year(s)CompetenciesDrives Performance M3Communicates and Collaborates C3Displays Customer Centricity C3Develops Future Leaders M3Demonstrates Accountability C3Strives for Innovation C3Encourages Resilience M3Creates Strategy M3Knoweldge Of The Hse Measures L3Knowledge Of Qa/Qc Measures L3Ability To Calculate The Delay Impact For An Event L3Ability To Calculate The Pre-Requisite Resources For The Planned Work L3Computer Skill Operating Planning Software (Primavera, Ms Projects, Etc.) L2Ability To Develop An Efficient And Practical Execution Plan As Per Given Criteria L3Ability To Plan A Given Work Package L3EducationBachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or EngineeringProfesional degree in MMUP Engineer Registration (UPDA) or PMP