SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
The main role of this position is to caring for the health of animals and work to
protect public health. They diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and
diseases of pets, livestock, and other animals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Examining animals and checking their health status
2. Diagnosing and treating sick or injured animals by prescribing medication,
dressing wounds, performing surgery and setting bones.
3. Dress wounds of injured animals
4. Perform dental, ophthalmic and orthopedic surgeries
5. Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
6. Ensuring compliance with veterinary procedures, ethics, policies and
7. Educating the team about diseases and infections that are transferable
from animals to humans.
8. Maintaining patients’ medical records.
• Activities include extended periods of standing and spend a significant
amount of time on feet, moving around the farm or production facility.
• Activities include hands-on work with animals, equipment, or facilities.
• Activities include wearing protective clothing, including boots, coveralls, or
• Activities include travel to different farms or production sites.
• Activities include extended periods of working in front of a computer
Activities include extended periods of standing and extensive work. Other
activities include extended periods of working in front of a computer monitor.
The job is performed indoors and outdoors.
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
• 5+ years of experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERINCE
• Experience conducting various types of surgeries, vaccinations and health
checks on animals
• Knowledge of medical equipment (e.g. X-ray machines) and anesthesia
• Problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and
conditions using simple language
• Availability to take evening or weekend shifts in cases of emergency
• Patience and a love for animals
• Experience conducting assisting with birds, Camels, Cows, Sheep and