Amazon is the most customer-centric company. In the light of this, the company is offering to our most engaged customers – sellers/vendors (and not only) the highest level of services, encouraging them to participate to grow their businesses on Amazon.
As a Vendor Consultant (VC) you will help shape and deliver on a strategy for managing key metric pillars for Amazon Vendors.
You will collaborate internally with leaders from Retail and Vendor Services teams and will be responsible for certain aspects of the vendor’s business with Amazon. Will engage directly with multiple internal teams to optimize business for key manufacturers (vendors) on Amazon websites.
You will conceive, create and analyze a wide range of data, to grow the vendor’s traffic, brand awareness, customer conversion, and revenue on Amazon. Also, you will look into strategic and operational aspects of their business with Amazon, root cause analysis of issues and opportunities affecting the vendor’s business. Your focus will be on the strategic and operational aspects of managing the customer relationships with our vendors.
Key job responsibilities
• Support the performance of your internal teams on input metrics and impact of vendors on creating a great customer experience;
• Partnering with Retail Team to manage vendor relationship by championing the vendor’s needs at Amazon;
• Build strong communication channels at all levels, set proper expectations, provide clear status communications, and manage towards a growth plan for the vendors;
• Build and execute on a strategic account plan that delivers on key business opportunities and relevant KPIs for the vendors and Amazon;
• Work with internal Amazon teams/vendors to improve operational aspects of their business in providing a great consumer experience;
• Conduct deep dive analysis on the handled issues for the vendors and develop recommendations and action plans based on data to improve vendor experience;
• Provide thought leadership around planning, roadmaps and execution;
• Establish long term partnerships with key vendor partners for the group of vendors handled;
• Support the launches of new programs, categories and features;
• Conduct regular weekly and monthly business reviews with the vendors, highlighting business metric performance and building action plans;
• Metric influencing – understand metrics and create realistic forecasts. Take calculated risks, and react quickly with new action plans.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish;
– Bachelor degree in any domain is preferred, minimum Baccalaureate diploma is mandatory;
– Relevant experience (minimum 3 years) in Vendor management, sales, post sales, account management or business development in managing B2B business;
– Strong presentation skills, ability to express thoughts logically and succinctly. Demonstrated active listening skills, highly consultative and solutions-oriented;
– Data analysis skills – ability to collect, clean, interpret, challenge and questions data and provide solutions; demonstrated ability to manage the business;
– Influencing skills – metric influencing: ability to understand a metric and create realistic forecasts; negotiations skills
– Ability to operate in a fast-moving and sometimes ambiguous environment with full control and responsibility of achieving business objectives;
– Develop original ideas, approaches, and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems;
– Ability to work in teams and ultimately focus on delivering results with high standards;
– Exposure to retail buying, retail planning & allocation, product/project management, marketing or e-commerce will be a plus.
– An understanding of and passion for e-commerce;
– Advanced Excel skills.