The Testing Analyst 1 is a trainee professional role. Requires a good knowledge of the range of processes, procedures and systems to be used in carrying out assigned tasks and a basic understanding of the underlying concepts and principles upon which the job is based. Good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area. Makes evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information. They are expected to resolve problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience and will be guided by precedents. Must be able to exchange information in a concise and logical way as well as be sensitive to audience diversity. Limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided. Impact of the job holder is restricted to own job.
- Works with technology project managers, UAT professionals and users to design, implement and execute appropriate scripts/plans for an application testing strategy/approach.
- Software quality assurance testing.
- Conducts a limited variety of quality control / user acceptance tests and analyses to ensure that applications meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements.
- Executes test scripts according to application requirements documentation; logs defects.
- Retests software corrections to ensure problems are resolved.
- Documents evolution of testing cases/scripts for future replication.
- May contribute to the development of test plans.
- May interface with development teams if clarification is needed on requirements.
- Exhibits good understanding of procedures and concepts within own technical area and a basic knowledge of these elements in other areas.
- Requires a good understanding of how the team interacts with others in accomplishing the objectives of the area.
- Makes judgments based on practice and previous experience; evaluates options not covered by procedures.
- Has limited but direct impact on the business through the quality of the tasks/services provided; area of impact is limited to the job holder.
- Exchanges ideas and information in a concise and logical way; recognizes audience diversity.
- Performs other duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Basic level experience in an IT Testing role
- Passionate about solving difficult or complex problems Possess excellent troubleshooting skills – able to identify problems by attacking them from different angles and testing individual variables Can take both a qualitative and quantitative approach to testing and problem analysis Ability to understand and write/update Functional and Technical documentation Ability to manage tasks, escalating when appropriate
- Background in Software, IT, or a quantitative field of study Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Ability to create meaningful and thorough test efforts with limited requirements Scripting skills Test automation, functional testing and test case designing Reporting skills, proficient in creating status reports based on automation results
- Ability to learn and understand complex concepts quickly
- Good customer focus, attitude, and excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting