Would you like to be part of a team focused on supporting Public Sector organizations in Sub Saharan Africa on their digital transformation journey? Do you have the business savvy and technical background necessary to help establish AWS as a key cloud service provider? Are you passionate about engaging, owning and driving business within Sub Saharan Africa?
Key job responsibilities
• Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory to meet or exceed quarterly revenue and commitment targets.
• Develop and execute against a territory plan that leads to the creation and maintenance of a robust sales pipeline
• Manage numerous customer accounts concurrently & strategically.
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS for Government organizations, working with different stakeholders.
• Analyze sales/metrics/scorecard with KPI data from your territory to help evolve your strategy.
• Accelerate customer adoption through education, focused engagements and marketing events by working backwards from the customers requirements.
• Work with our AWS partner network to manage their pipelines, amplify their efforts, coach their resources and drive adoption in pursuit of servicing your customers.
• Assist customers in identifying use cases for priority adoption of AWS as well as best practices and thought leadership in implementations.
• Develop long-term strategic relationships and earn trust within your key accounts.
• Create and implement sales programs and tools that increase performance within your territory.
• Work with customers on training and skills interventions to drive adoption of AWS and complement their build capabilities as well as working with our AWS Training and Certification team to create a pipeline of paid training engagements with customers.
• Work with our AWS Professional Services (ProServe) teams to developed and create pipeline of paid ProServe consulting engagements with customers.
About the team
The Sub Saharan African team is focused on supporting Public Sector organizations’ priorities through our unique use cases. We aspire to establish ourselves as a trusted partner and innovator for government organizations by developing thought leadership for better services for the citizens through AWS services and programs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Economics or related field.
• Proven track record of account and territory sales growth and quota attainment covering accounts in Sub Saharan Africa.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to CxO and senior management customers
• 10+ years technology related business development and sales experience.
• Fluent English in both written and oral form.
• Knowledge and understanding of how Public Sector organizations procure IT services.
• Exhibits sound business judgement, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results.
• Experience in software engineering and/or product management would be advantageous.