This opportunity is with a large food manufacturing company in the UAE.
We are looking for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to lead our supply chain team. You will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
The manager will be a supply chain and logistics expert who will specialize in implementing cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by the company. Ensuring quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management.
• Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
• Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors.
• Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
• Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility.
• Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
• Approving purchase orders and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services.
• Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
• Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
• Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods.
• Preparing procurement reports.