Job description/Key Responsibilities;
• Offers advice in the planning, coordination, and supervision of technical aspects of construction projects according to the Project Quality Plan.
• Solving technical issues, providing advice, management, and preparing reports.
• Develops and implements activities such as the latest technology and methods to improve efficiency, accuracy, and productivity for the department.
• Establish, report, and follow up all on non-conformance activities.
• Enforce the relevant safety rules at site and make sure personal protective equipment is worn as and where required by the staff under their responsibility.
• Attend coordination meetings organized by clients and consultants.
• Conduct daily briefing with site team leaders to follow-up and report on the work progress in order to anticipate any possible delays with regards to planned tasks.
• Take immediate corrective action to avoid any cumulative effect of such deviation and recover the delay to finish the task in due time.
• Conduct regular inspections and assess the work performance done
• Evaluate and resolve any discrepancies and problems arising during construction that affect the quality of works performed.
• Coordinate the handing over of completed works to the client and completion of the necessary rectification works.
Key & Job Skills;
• Leadership skills in Engineering with the ability to handle complex multi-office projects.
• Carrying responsibility for the project’s success and providing strong direction for the team.
• Excellent communication and coordination skills (both verbal and written).
• Understanding of project business case and reflect this in the work environment such as productivity, schedule, workhour control, innovation, etc.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and demonstrating this by example.
• Can work as an efficient team with project management and other disciplines and that of the client.
• Sincere, dedicated, hardworking & with pleasing personality
• Should have experience in project management from any reputed steel engineering firms
• Good planning & organization skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously; set priorities; identify & address problems & meet deadlines.
• With Qatar Driving license is desirable
• Completed steelworker apprenticeship
• Able to read and understand blueprints
• Knowledge of applicable safety regulations
• Excellent work ethic.