The role of Site Construction Manager is to ensure the efficient and effective execution on site during the Construction phase of regional on-site projects, and to provide support during the Commissioning phase. This is managed through development of the Overall Construction Strategy and Deployment of Construction Staff on the Project, as well as support of engineering design development. This is primarily a site-based role that may involve travel to both AP Head Office and contractor organisations.
* Act as an Ambassador of the company in all aspects of HSES & Quality
* In conjunction with Contractors’ Management team undertakes a weekly HSSE inspection of allocated areas
* Ensure that contractors understand and implement the HSES plan, including permit to work, toolbox talks, visible and relevant safety signs, safety surveillance, installation and maintenance of firefighting equipment, firewatchers, audible emergency warning signal, wind socks, muster areas, and emergency evacuation drills
* Agree method statements, risk assessments and job safety analysis.
* Ensure that all work is carried out in accordance with agreed method statements
* Ensure all hazardous activities and those with potential risk to material or personnel, have an agreed method statement, and risk assessment prior to commencement of work
* Maintain supervisory attendance at all contractor toolbox talks and safety meetings.
Encourage contractor safety incentive schemes and promote all AP processes, Client and contractors team building efforts
* Ensure Contractor, Client and Operator personnel understand and fully operate the project permit to work system including tag/lock-out requirements, and that only contractor authorized personnel operate the permit to work system
As the Construction Manager you will
* Support the proposal efforts through
* Developing winning Construction and Commissioning Strategies and EHS plans which support the overall project goals
* Understanding the competitive environment in Construction services
* Working effectively with internal engineering and support groups, customers, suppliers and contractors
* Assisting the Project Controls group in developing realistic schedules for construction activities
Support the Project Efforts through
* Providing construction input to the project throughout the engineering phase
* Developing the project construction strategy, execution planning and contracting strategy
* Developing installation sequencing, schedule timings and resource requirements
* Preparing project specific site procedures and work practices as required
* Assisting with construction feasibility and method studies
* Supporting development of the project logistic strategy relevant to heavy and out of gauge equipment/modules
* Leading coordination of development of heavy lifting/installation studies including out of gauge equipment/modules
* Owning input to the Constructability of a plant, including use of the constructability checklist to identify critical execution issues
* Maintain the necessary training/qualification records for self and team to ensure quality assurance requirements are met
Supporting the field commissioning activities through
* Support field transition from construction to commissioning and ensure contractor management is being controlled during this phase
* Support the planning of contractor activities at site particularly in the phase transition between construction and commissioning
Administrative functions include
* Management of Safety Statistics, and leading efforts for improved safety culture and performance based on these.
* Ensuring Air Products methodologies around Site Changes are followed and managed
* Taking overall responsibility for the success of construction sites under your control, defined as meeting Project requirements on Safety, Cost, Schedule and Quality. This includes carrying out audit and control checks on site, and giving site based training on critical safety aspects related to Cryogenic Air Separation to both AP and contractor staff.
* Driving consistency and improvement of work processes for the Construction team
* Supporting Site Earned Value tracking Skills / Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience as a Construction Manager – at least 15 years of experience.
* Ideally, degree qualified or with Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications.
* Demonstrable experience of managing large site teams
* Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors.
* Recent on-shore Petrochemical and Oil & Gas experience. Desirable experience on ASU Plants
* Computer literate (MS Office components)
* Use of and familiarity with process and safety tools such as P&ID’s and HAZOPs.
* Understanding of typical design datasheet/drawings and familiar with General design/construction standards in Mechanical /E&I field which can be related to those generated by Air Products.
* Proven Construction Safety experience and knowledge, covering key area’s such as Lifting and Cranage, working at heights and Fall Arrest, Confined Space entry, Hot Work, Oxygen cleaning and inspection, pneumatic pressure testing
* Change Management processes and implementation
* Project costing skills for evaluation and managing constructability
* Project planning skills
* Management or supervisory experience
* Construction control systems
* Demonstrable Self Starter attributes.
* Proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside of the organisation.
* An experienced leader and developer of teams, with a proven ability to lead, engage and motivate the team.
* Strong Safety background