Job Summary: Supervise, control and co-ordinate all plant operations activities to ensure timely and effective plant production in accordance with established schedules, quality, cost and time objectives. Responsible for safe start up/shut down of the plant as per the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Organize the plant in such a way that work is carried out to the required standard with minimum risk to men, machine and materials, comply with safety and environmental standards.
Coordinate with all other departments all activities that are related to plant operations during the shift and comply with safety rules and regulations.
Have a complete understanding of the permit to work system applied to the plant. Issue and cancel permits to work per authorization.
Coordinate activities involving plant chemistry with the Chemist.
Follow preset operational schedules to fulfill the panned availabilty production targets safely and efficiently.
Coordinate all activities or changes in plant status with operations manager.
Make quick, on the spot decisions to correct abnormalities or disturbances. Take corrective actions during a state of emergency.
Supervise the interlock checks on start ups, protection tests, non routine activities like preservation, acid cleaning etc.
- Monitor the overall status of the plant and summarize activities in the log book. Fill daily plant status reports and relay all activities that occurred during his shift.
- Maintain staff evaluation records, vacation schedules etc. prepare evaluation forms for personnel requirement.
Prepare incident / accident reports and other reports required by the departments.
Keep accurate records and prepare daily and monthly reports.
Assist in the training and familiarization of new personnel in the shift.
Study and suggest for any modifications which can improve the plant efficiency.
- Ensure Environmental Aspect-Impact and Hazard Risk Assessment are carried out, controlled and updated.
- Implement, monitor and report IMS objectives, Targets and programs.
- Provide necessary resources for effective implementation and sustenance of IMS.
- Report IMS performance to the management periodically.
- Ensure Legal compliance with respect to their scope of activities.
- Ensure identification of root cause for the identified non conformances/ deviations and to implement corrective actions/Preventive actions.
- Identify the competency gap for their subordinate personnel and implement necessary actions.
- Carry out annual performance evaluation of reporting employees.
- Responsible to ensure the compliance to legal requirements, contractual and organizational requirements.
- Provide on-the-job training to new employees and evaluate their OJT Performance.
- Identification, documentation and control of hazards in assigned work area.
- Ensure aspects identified are monitored and operational controls are followed.
- Report deviations in Integrated Management System, identify root cause and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- Reporting of emergencies and incidents and near misses.
- Effective resource utilization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Awareness of Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Management system principles
- Knowledge of applicable legal requirements
- Hazard Risk assessment
- Aspect Impact assessment
- Investigating skills
- Knowledge of spillage containment
- Knowledge of managing HSE emergencies
- Knowledge of identification, classification and disposal of waste
- Knowledge of Emission Monitoring
- Should be well conversed with Power/Desalination/RO Operational activities.
- Decision making
- Team work and analytical.