About the Role:
WSP are looking to appoint Works Inspectors in Qatar and will be responsible for undertaking inspections on site in accordance with the drainage/utilities-related Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s).
A typical week would include:
* Attending to Inspection Requests (IR’s) submitted by the contractor and take appropriate action in a timely manner.
* Reviewing submitted shop drawings against contract drawings and specifications, local codes and statutory requirements, and international best practice.
* Reporting any works carried out by contractor found to not be in accordance with approved drawing and specifications and report to stakeholders for appropriate action.
* Monitoring quality of works and assessing the safety at the site including health and environmental issues, ensuring compliance with contractual / QCS specifications and safety and health risk assessments.
* Maintaining records for daily activities on site including progress photos and ensure they are readily available for inspection as and when required.
* Preparing surveillance report(s) for deficiencies of work found at site and nonconformance reports (NCR) if required in view of the development of events.
* Checking and ensuring effective co-ordination between discipline-related works and all other disciplines.
* Providing technical input and experiences to resolve any discipline-related issues on site that may arise.