Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Risk Technology Software Engineer
The Legal, Risk and Compliance (LRC) Staff Software Engineer provides development and 3rd level support for LRC applications for Visa reporting to the Director of Risk Technology. Support of these applications spans involvement with review and understanding of business requirements, design, development, integration, testing, implementation, and maintenance of the platform. This role will have significant collaboration with business partners, multiple internal technology teams, project team members, and vendors during functional requirements, project lifecycles, and ongoing support. We are looking for team members who have an understanding of the governance, risk and compliance systems space, ability to understand business processes and be forward thinking to identify opportunities and technology solutions. In this team there is a strong emphasis on being obsessed with the customer experience. The portfolio includes packaged software such as RSA Archer and IBM Openpages.
- Serve as development/configuration resource across multiple Agile projects, delivering meaningful functionality, ensuring that development activities comply with technical standards, policies and guidelines
- Development and application configuration including integration and application extensions
- Design and implement solutions to enhance the end user experience utilizing vendor supplied APIs and web services
- Create project artifacts supporting requirements, architecture, functional/technical design, and support documentation
- Provide data driven technology recommendations including opposing views and/or alternative solutions
- Act as a subject-matter-expert (SME) for various program domains in support of building test capabilities
- Partner with IT groups such as Engineering, Network, Security, and Infrastructure on project delivery activities to ensure effective and timely deliverables
- Accountable for accurate project estimation and adherence to budget
- Drive continuous improvement around project related processes (i.e. conceptual approach, estimating, security, implementation, testing, training, etc…)
- Own level 3 support (application defects, code remediation, minor enhancements)
- Participate in vendor demo and technical deep dive sessions as a technical SME contributing scoring and recommendations for implementation
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or relevant technical discipline required
• 4 years IBM Openpages GRC platform and Cognos Report creation experience required and Minimum 5 years of development experience desired
• Excellent business analysis skills to translate requirements to functional and technical design
• Proven experience working with technologies such as XML, XSD, XSLT,WSDL, XPath, JSON and SOAP/REST Web Services and Web technologies nice to have.
• Advanced level SQL skills for data manipulation and validation (SQL Server, DB2, Oracle)
• Experience with the Microsoft .Net Framework and the Visual Studio IDE
• Understanding of project management(Agile/Waterfall), SDLC, risk management, quality engineering, and project delivery tools such as JIRA
• Comfortable learning new technologies quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• PowerBI and/or Tableau experience a plus
• Business Process Workflow platforms experience a plus
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.