The purpose is to provide Mechanical Engineering support to ensure the safe & reliable operation of all facilities under JIGPC in Jazan, Saudi Arabia.
Nature & Scope
As a member of the Technical & Engineering team, the Senior Mechanical Engineer is expected to lead the interaction with commissioning & start-up, plant operations, maintenance, and engineering personnel to provide “hands-on” field-engineering & troubleshooting support, instructions, and technical guidance related to the IGCC facility operating units including, but not limited to:
- Process Units: Gasification, Hydrogen Recovery, Sulfur Removal, Soot & Ash Recovery, Sulfur Recovery, Closed Cooling Water Systems, Fuel Gas Systems, Waste Water Treatment, Chilled Water, and Flare System.
- Power Block: Gas Turbines, HRSG, and Steam Turbines.
- Utilities: Desalination, Water Treatment, Sea Water Cooling, Steam/BFW/Condensate, and Sea Water Intake
The plant assets include a variety of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pressure vessels, heat exchangers, and pressure systems such as piping, piping connections, piping support systems, piping insulation; spring hangers; hoses, materials handling equipment; refractory systems; manual valves and specialty piping items; dust suppression systems; fire protection systems; and a wide variety of stationary equipment (filter presses, bag houses, silos, etc.).
The position emphasizes teamwork, communications, organization, change management, work process optimization, planning, leadership, and hands-on technical skills with comprehensive knowledge across engineering disciplines.
- Provide & maintain a safe work environment for self & others. Employ good housekeeping methods and demonstrate leadership with all company & industry safe work processes to prevent injuries.
- Lead in the provision of engineering evaluation & determinations, issue technical direction & guidance, and oversee Inspection & Quality Assurance initiatives for all mechanical equipment and pressure systems troubleshooting, maintenance, calibration, repair, and test activities.
- Lead in the provision of engineering support & guidance during the construction & commissioning of the plants. Maintain accurate documentation for plant’s mechanical equipment and pressure systems and validate commissioning activities and performance parameters. Monitor quality assurance initiatives including equipment installation & assembly, alignment, cleanliness, integrity, etc.
- Lead custody and care of reliability programs. Promote reliability awareness as everyone’s responsibility in the field. Interface with management on day to day basis and on urgent requests for equipment troubleshooting and fault analysis.
- Develop detailed engineering specifications, evaluate quotations, perform technical bid evaluations & vendor document review.
- Preparation of Pre-FEL and FEL documentation for the projects engineering support. Prepare SOW (Scope of Work) for the contractors (Engineering and Construction activities)
- Support implementation of risk-based inspection and calibration program for all mechanical equipment and pressure systems.
- Establish & maintain a relationship with the local inspection bureau, maintain relevant statutory, regulatory, technology standards, and code information consistent with JIGPC plant operational objectives and local regulations.
- Provide engineering support to project development and project management activities (including scope, budget, schedule, execution strategies, risk plans, cost collection / reporting, etc.) for the execution of all projects and turnaround activities.
- Provide engineering support to develop the annual budget for mechanical equipment and pressure systems maintenance, repair, and major turn-around activities.
- Promote an atmosphere of team spirit through good example, open communication, good listening, and timely problem resolutions.
- Drive continuous improvement in safety performance, reliability, and cost of quality goals.
- Establish & maintain relationships with regional pressure system equipment suppliers
- Foster and support positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate at professional association meetings to determine best practices being used in the industry and apply them to our pressure systems.
- Mechanical Engineering graduate with >15 years of relevant experience in chemical / refinery / gas plant maintenance / inspection / engineering. Minimum 5 to 6 years in detail (core) Engineering function, the remaining experience in other functions would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards applicable to Oil and Gas and Refining Industries (API, ASME, TEMA, ISA, NEC / IEC, NFPA etc.) and preferably also Saudi Aramco standards and working practices
- Hands on experience in design of static equipment (pressure vessels and heat exchangers), process piping and steel structures etc.
- Through understanding of P&I of Diagram, Piping Isometric Drawings, Plot plan, Equipment Layout and General Arrangement Drawings, Equipment Fabrication / shop drawings.
- Experience in leading root cause analysis (RCA), failure analysis, and management of change (MOC).