- To constantly monitor and implement safe working environment, to have a systematic and proper administration of safety in any work place in the company and its worksites through safety inspection, risk assessments, Environmental Aspects & Impact analysis, and accident / incident reporting etc.
- Assist in maintaining and developing HSE Management System.
- To raise HSE awareness through HSE Trainings, Orientations, TBTs and other means of communication.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To observe and implement Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environment Policies and Procedures inside company remises as well as where applicable at customer and Suppliers / Services providers sites.
- To comply with Legal and others (Govt. Authorities, customer requirements etc.)
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety
- Conduct safety induction for employees, sub-contractors, visitors and maintain its records.
- Review HSE Management System and advise of required changes.
- Write, implement, and manage HSE programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement the project HSE MS.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with the customer and legal or regulatory bodies to foster the professional image of MPW-SAU.
- Develop and implement safety initiatives to continually improve, achieve and maintain stated safety performance and objectives.
- Monitor the availability and use of safety apparel and equipment.
- Conduct on job safety training and ensure tool box talks are carried out and maintain record of such talks.
- Arrange external HSE trainings for the employees to achieve the required competency & skills for the execution of their relevant work-scope and Emergency responses.
- Instruct and communicate employees Hazards associated with the work activity.
- In coordination with the concerned Departments / Sections develop and maintain risk assessment for major tasks and suggest preventive actions to minimize / eliminate the risk.
- In coordination with the concerned Departments / Sections develop develop and maintain Environmental Aspects & Impact register for major tasks and suggest preventive actions to minimize / eliminate its impact.
- Prepare HSE weekly report / monthly reports (which includes but not limited to accident statistical data) and submit to QHSE Manager.
- Conduct HSE Emergency Evacuation and spill control drills to evaluate the readiness for emergency situations.
- Investigate near miss / incident / accident in coordination with the line management and ensure that a written report is prepared and forwarded to QHSE Manager.
- Organize Safety meetings and play vital role in discussing safety issues with the line management. Prepare and circulate the minutes of meeting.
- Conducts special inspection for scaffolds, fire appliances, ladders, power / hand tools, and verify third party certifications and other competency documents for machineries such as cranes, scissors lifts, hoists etc.
- Arrange and ensure emergency signs and other caution sign boards including assembly point signs are placed at respective locations for information.
- Ensure good housekeeping maintained at work areas. If not, advise the concern verbally and in reports to do the needful.
- Advise the shop management of any motivation scheme for creating safety awareness and safety violation to prevent unsafe acts and conditions.
- Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitor.
- Certified as an OSH Professional (Preferred)
- NEBOSH IGC Certification
- Have an internal / external auditing qualification and prior experience for ISO 45001, 14001 or 9001
- Initiator, motivated, organized team player and ability to work under pressure.
- Effectiveness in prioritizing assigned duties and evaluating the work of personnel.
- Ability to interpret, illustrate, and apply regulation codes and rules.
- Good communication skills
- Computer Literacy: Ms Windows’s applications (Excel is essential), Point and Excellent Presentation skills.
- Responsible enough and knowledgeable with standard norms of safety, capable to inspect, assess evaluate and administer safety work environment.
- Pro-active & Strong leadership