Job SummaryResponsible in the development and maintenance of planning and budgeting/forecasting; analysis and interpretation of trends, recommended actions. Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. This position also monitors all work related to year end closing procedures to issue the yearly audited financial statement of the company and reviews all accrued expenses on a monthly basis.Job Roles & ResponsibilitiesPrincipal Accountabilities
- Monitors all over work related to year end closing procedures to issue the yearly audited financial statement of the company.
- Prepares and manages the annual budget; support Management to ensure department budgets align with corporate directives; Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals
- Reviews, audits, and verifies financial statements and related summaries and reports
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities1. Review the monthly trial balance in collaboration with the Chief Accountant. Review all monthly bank reconciliation and match it with original bank accounts.
- Ensures that monthly trial balance is reviewed and all monthly bank reconciliation.
2. Follow up with Senior Finance Director to implement the company’s budget and compare it with the actual expenses.
- Ensures proper follow up re implementation of the company’s budget comparing it to the actual expenses
3. Reviews all accrued expenses on a monthly basis. Review the depreciation process for the fixed assets to ensure right direction of the depreciation expenses (the right cost drive of the depreciation).
- Ensures that thorough review on all accrued expenses as well as the depreciation process for the fixed assets.
4. Manage and provide assistance in managing or maintaining accounts of strategic clients.
- Helps in managing and providing assistance in maintaining accounts of strategic clients.
5. Monitor all over work related to year end closing procedures to issue the yearly audited financial statement of the company.6. Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures7. Provides financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.8. Comply with all legal requirements by reviewing existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.9. Ensures compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.10. Provides guidelines for standard cost approaches used in business decisions and establishes and monitors cost reduction programs.11. Provides direction to functional counterparts in operating units as required, and to operating and senior management on matters involving cost determination problems, or issues such as inventory valuation, distribution of overhead, treatment of joint costs, and product pricing.12. Conducts special studies and analyses such as determination of work-in-house, or subcontract and cost impact of proposed facilities or processes.13. Identifies and investigates issues related to assigned projects, determines scope, and selects approach from the accepted methodology or recommended alternatives.14. Defines assumptions for the quantification and analysis of investments, acquisitions or divestitures.15. Participates in the development of long-range financial forecasts and related budgets, considering alternative scenarios and economic prospects as appropriate.16. Prepares and presents interpretation of findings and submits for review.
- In-depth knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Practices
- Knowledge of statutory accounting principles
- Knowledge of Financial analysis and research procedures as they apply to financial methods
- Effective knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting methodologies, economic theory, and statistics to support financial decision-making
- In-depth and demonstrable experience in financial management and accounting.
- Strong proficiency with MS Office Application along with Accounting/Finance Software.
- Experience working within an executive team
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Reporting Skills
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions with minimal accountability controls.
- Sets priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities
- Can perform at an advance level of Word, Excel, and Power Point
Total 15 year(s) On Job 7 year(s) GCC 4 year(s) EducationBachelor’s Degree in AccountingProfesional degree in Certified Public Accountant (CPA)