Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Data & AI Platform group is a key component of Visa s Technology organization providing the enabling technology and processes to manage Visa s data assets and deliver innovative information products and services to customers. Areas of focus include Business Intelligence and Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Data Platform as a Service, and Data as a Service. Our portfolio includes over 100 data products for various external clients and internal lines of business.
As Senior Head of PMO, you ll guide our platform forward as you build out and lead an agile PMO. You should be comfortable leading teams, mentoring and developing others. You anticipate risks and negotiate trade-offs. And strive to bring an integrated systems view – people, process, programs, and organizations.
In this role, you will work with all areas of the organization to deliver against our strategy while simultaneously handling the day-to-day aspects of your portfolio.
You love transformation, developing people, process, programs, and organizations. You are ready to challenge the status quo daily to enable a whole new world of data services with these responsibilities:
- Collaboratively lead and coach a team of Program Managers to incrementally deliver successful programs with measurable customer outcomes.
- Coach across teams and senior leaders throughout the software development process with Agile and Lean practices.
- Drive a continuous focus on developing automation to replace repeatable, operational tasks.
- Proactively, assertively and creatively remove obstacles.
- Work with partner teams to ensure ownership and accountability of technical project and program planning and delivery for infrastructure build out programs.
- Implement required phase gates and artifacts. In parallel, partner to improve our internal tools and processes with an agile approach.
- Collaboratively envision, frame, establish, and implement large-scale enterprise-level change initiatives.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
You are an engaging leader who supports others growth and development, while inspiring them to go beyond in their performance. You are a curious leader, who challenges the status quo, boldly and respectfully trying new things and advocating for changes that benefit the entire company. You are a relationship builder committed to both internal and external partnerships. You have 15 or more years of proven ability as a Project/Program Manager, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications and a degree or equivalent in a Computer Science or related technical discipline. A minimum of 6 years as a people manager. Thorough understanding of infrastructure processes and lifecycle ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile methodologies.
• Prefer experience with some Data and AI Platform technologies (e.g. Spark, Kafka, ETL, Big Data, AI/ML). At a minimum, need a basic understanding of AI/ML and Big Data concepts and challenges.
• Understanding of technologies and products required to bring monitoring solutions to market at scale.
• Outstanding and effective organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills. Able to work effectively in a global matrix management environment.
• Excellent analytical skills with a history of hands-on, detail orientation.
• One or more Agile certifications: CSM, PMI ACP, ICAgile, or similar.
• PMP, PRINCE2 or similar detailed knowledge of formal project management processes.
• Experiences in handling complex infrastructure, e.g., multiple Data Centers and in country deployments preferred.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.