- The overall responsibility and duties under this role is to manage guide recommend advise instruct the master plan designer the preliminary design consultant if any the appointed PMCs Contractors and O M teams during all the design phases conceptual to final during construction implementation and report possible design issues and recommendations to the client
- Moreover advise the client on Master Planning requirements for design construction and operational stages that align with the program requirements and the general program vision
- This role will have full oversight of the Design Management team and all activities related to Sitewide Master Planning Overall coordination and leadership of the Design Management team aligning on scope identifying and filling the gaps and focusing on priorities
- Effective management of integrated Master Plans coordination with other Portfolio Master Planners and any of the subtier master planners inputting into the overall projects along with seamless integration between the districts ensuring that all design teams are made aware of the Master Plan requirements and are held to account to deliver in accordance with their remits
- Managing the production of plot and block regulations by the Master Planners and fully adopted and incorporated in the Project s Procurement
- Prepare and review scope briefs for procurement of Master Planner design consultants align with the development leads in support of the consultant procurement process
- Prepare briefs for master plan support roles and identify and fill scope gaps Permitting Work with the employers team to build an effective permitting roadmap based on executive level discussions in respect to selfadministered permitting
- Monitor PMC and consultants resolution of permitting issues relating to plots at programme level communicate priorities risks issues and changes across programme Planning
- Manage and monitor where managed by Project PMCs the stage gate submittal process and monitor deliverables against tracking schedule review consultants dashboards schedules and coordinate high level issues log against what was committed
- Risk Monitor risk and mitigation plans across the programme highlight key areas that have potential to impact successful design progression Stakeholder Master Planners PMCs and programme level consultants tracking master plan alterations and amendments e g changes to ROWs and plots access service roads etc Impacts to delivery jointly highlighting risks with mitigation strategies coordinate plot and programme wide consultants respective activities
- Communications Responsible for effective communication between stakeholders through regular meetings across Projects where more than one being managed districts plots and programme control of the information repository within the PMIS including plot development criteria brand standards site information and other critical requirements to facilitate the design process
- Reporting Conduct periodic specific review meetings with Project PMC s and design teams capture areas of concern and escalate as required Ensure that programme level consultants are engaging effectively with Project teams
- Report weekly on key master planning accomplishments and concerns highlight risks that could impact the programme delivery Assurance
- Periodic analysis of design review process ensure that consultants are complying and report on any non compliances
- A Bachelors Masters Degree in planning or a closely related field and at least fifteen 15 years of experience in the planning profession
- Thorough knowledge of urban planning and development
- Thorough knowledge of a specialization such as housing zoning and economic development
- Knowledge of research methods and statistical principles related to urban growth and development
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs which may include transportation modelling database management or GIS
- At least ten 10 years full time paid professional experience managing the facilities design or the planning and coordination of capital projects that included the overall design contract administration cost estimating and scheduling activities
- At least ten 10 years Master Planning experience in the management of the design
- Ability to build consensus among multiple stakeholders
- Active leadership style
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Network effectively negotiate well and influence people broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
- Be aware of the broader environmental social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the programme
- Support and provide leadership to your programme team
- We have a long list of Project Management Consulting and Main Contracting companies who are always looking for Top Candidates for their future projects across the GCC Region!
- Our new platform will allow us to represent you like never before. Our consultants will be out there with the sole mission to bring you options with your favorite employers. Once you have matched any of our opportunities, one of our consultants will contact you to discuss the role further.
- By applying to this job posting, your profile will automatically be added on our AI system, FifthEdge, and you will receive a welcome email confirmation within the next 24-48 hours.
- Please note that it is vital that you complete your profile on the site and your contact details are updated so we can easily reach you once we have finalized the roles.