- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information and recommend required actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation and requesting disbursements.
- Comply with local financial legal requirements by learning existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare and process all required general ledger accounting entries.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports such as balance sheet, income and expense statement, statement of cash flows, accounts receivable aging, profit and loss statement and other requested financial reports.
- Process accounts payable in a timely manner while ensuring optimum utilization of Company funds.
- Maintain an updated fixed asset register.
- Highlight potential improvements in the set accounting system and procedures.
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting, Banking and Finance or similar qualification.
- A Master’s degree or related certification (CPA, CMA, or FP&A) is a plus.
Desired skills & qualifications
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in ERP systems (preferably SAP Business One)
- Knowledge of Lebanese Taxation, VAT, NSSF declarations and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Good communication and analytical skills.