The Logistics Sales Manager will support the organization through development management and leadership of the sales team. This role will plan and implement sales strategies that will gain business and effectively manage the logistics business of clients.
Direct and monitor the workflow of the entire office.
Set sales team profit goals and hold team members accountable for goals and recognize or discipline as needed.
Develop and manage operating budgets.
Achieve satisfactory profit and market share in relation to preset standards, industry and economic trends, and also sales and margin goals.
Day-to-day staff management and development including recruitment, hiring, performance coaching and annual reviews for direct reports—all with full support of corporate office.
Work with Corporate Human Resources to resolve people issues as needed.
Ensure training and direction for new and existing sales members.
Act as a liaison between the customers and operations staff.
Manage to source of customers. Build and maintain relationships with customers and assist and direct team members in sourcing and growing customer base.
Maintenance of current customers: Including analysis of current lanes to assure we are competitive and also providing excellent service. Also, soliciting for other business from customers.
Monthly financial analysis: including determining the overall success of current customer profiles.
Determine current rates in the marketplace offered by competitors.
Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data in CRM and other programs as needed.
Ensure all necessary documentation is accurate and timely.
Developing goals for specialized sales.
Development of sales leaders including succession planning.
Act as a player and a coach – bring on new business, in addition to coaching the sales representatives.
- Experience with transportation and logistics industries.
- Sales experience with success in the cold-calling environment.
- Proven record of growing business and starting new accounts.
- Ability to make quick, smart business decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous management/supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively train others, preferably with experience in doing so.
- Outstanding organizational skills, excellent time management skills, ability to multitask.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- This position offers a competitive base salary.