The SM will drive customer service excellence to every aspect of the store, including store appearance, display of merchandise, product placement, story layout, & selling procedures, they will work alongside their teams to ensure strategic goals & sales targets of the store are met by maximizing sales & gross profit, reviewing sales performance, controlling expenses, & managing inventory.
To ensure the delivery of exceptional operational and commercial standards throughout the store, with focus on providing an elevated customer experience. The Store needs to ensure compliance in all areas of operational activity and drive sales and profitability through the performance and development of the Retail team, whilst managing operation within agreed budgets & targets.
Sales, Margin, Merchandising, Customer Service, Operational efficiency, VM & product availability
Duties & Responsibilities
- Embody MLH Attitude and set an example in front of the team.
- Provide support to the team in difficult situations ensuring client’s satisfaction.
- Provide extensive coaching and training to assist the team in meeting all commercial and operational KPI’s.
- Take over floor leadership segments and ensure the store is always managed and covered.
- Energize and motivate the team through effective floor management to guarantee an addictive experience for our clients.
- Use suitable tools (Customer Satisfaction) for analyzing overall satisfaction and propose action plans to enhance the customer experience.
- Work in partnership with the Training Department and coach the team to offer other complementary products & “Special Order” Services to maximize client satisfaction.
- Build a strong relationship with Category Managers and follow up on New Collections, discounts and special offers.
- Lead the retail team to create a positive and energetic shopping experience to enable achievements in all commercial KPI’s.
- Provide support for the head of operations in analyzing results and proposing action plans in order to enhance client experience and drive all related KPI’s.
- Provide support for the management team by maintaining and enforcing quality customer service and resolving customer service complaints.
- Lead the management team to create a positive and exciting work environment through effective floor management while ensuring that targets are met.
- Implement retail priorities and inspire commercial success.
- Inspire your Team Leader to create a playful and educational experience while ensuring services targets are met.
- Reinforce sales policies and techniques established at the Sephora University with all team members.
- Balance and drive the sales target among selective, exclusive and MLH Collections.
- Provide support for the HOD in analyzing sales results and proposing action plans to achieve set targets.
- Create disruptive internal competitions to motivate the team and boost the achievements in alignment with HOD/HR.
- Optimize and oversee operations with the HOD/CM/MKT to ensure efficiency and that the store is compliant with company policies and operational guidelines.
- Inspire the retail team to enforce the policies and procedures referring to products, VM, prices, merchandising and other partners (Brands).
- In collaboration with the HOD ensure the stores are projecting of an excellent image through cleanliness and product restocking.
- Together with the Category Managers, encourage the team to apply and follow established policies and procedures regarding store operations.
- Accurately monitor stock availability and report low stock to the Category Manager/Merchandiser to avoid OOS situations.
- Work with the MKT to ensure that VM, merchandising quality, animation and marketing standards are met.
- Provide Support to the relevant head office department in providing feedback and analyzing data on all operational aspects.
- Provide support to the HOD with knowledge of the market conditions, competition, client needs, etc.
- Provides leadership and management to the store organization that mirrors the vision and strategic direction of MLH.
- Establish monthly reports including competitors’ activities.
- Analyze all relevant KPIs and propose action plans for improvement and forecast future performance
- Develop and propose short- and long-term strategies to drive top and bottom line/brands sales.
- Proactively provide the HOD and CM with product recommendations and qualitative feedback based on local knowledge about the market and client needs.
- Put in place action plans to boost business and maximize product performance, leveraging visual merchandising, training, monthly trends and operational knowledge.
- Implement and oversee in-store promotional events or displays and ensure all pricings are correctly communicated on all products.
- Following trends and perform market visits and analysis to understand the local market and work to determine business growth opportunities.
- With your Retail Team & Team Leader ensure all Contribute to the Business reports as required to form a comprehensive picture of the business.
- Network with other stores and head office departments and take on area responsibilities
- Network and build relationships with the different departments in MLH-HO and take on area responsibilities.
- Propose innovative ideas and opportunities to HOD.
- Motivate and develop the Retail Team through daily coaching /observations
- Communicate and inspire the team on business strategy, vision and relevant information through animate briefings, coaching’s and trainings.
- Increase the team confidence and motivation by praise and feedback for their performance.
- Identify, engage in recruiting and develop talents and secure succession plans in collaboration with the HOD/HR
- Ensure the team is attending training and follow up is done after the training is attended.
- Ensure the team is aware of all product trainings; daily follow up on average training frequency for each team member.
- Ensure an addictive retail experience through performing monthly assessments.
- Facilitate team monthly meetings with the MKT & to analyze and discuss their performance.
- Be accountable for the Retail P&P and Retail Store process of the entire team and assist your manager where necessary.
- Oversee the annual leave of the team according to business needs.
- Direct Supervisor for Full-Time Employees: Direct authority to make decisions for full-time employees on the following: employee disciplinary action, conduct employee performance evaluations. May also supervise seasonal hires; student, and/or temporary workers or volunteers.
- Fiscal: Planning/Forecasting Sales, Stock Management, Monitor/Track, Margin control (authorized discounts).
- Strong customer service skills
- Superior management skills
- High level of flexibility
- Ability to adapt to different customers
- Great written & verbal communication skills
- Natural talent for motivating & developing teams
- 4 years of retail store management experience in home, living & bath brands preferably
- Diploma in retail management preferably or retail training certificates from a reputed institution