Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the full-time position of Reference Librarian. The position reports to the Director of Library and Information Services.
The Reference Librarian will be an integral part for providing informational services using print and electronic sources to the users, providing technical support and computer instruction to students and staff, reviewing and selecting materials for the collection, and user’s advisory services. This is a full time position to begin on 7th March 2021.
1. Guide and assist library visitors in finding their required references easily.
2. Organize book borrowing through creating a user name and a password for each book borrower (e.g. student, faculty member or administrative employee) in the library system, and teaching them how to log in to and use the system, and make best use of library services.
3. Contact book borrowers who have exceeded the time limit to return borrowed materials.
4. Assist in sorting the textbooks belonging to the colleges and departments in order to replace missing textbooks.
5. Assist library visitors with photocopying, reproducing and printing research from the computers.
6. Catalogue and classify library materials.
7. Provide training when needed for the library users.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Excellent English and Arabic language skills (oral, writing and reading)● Ability to understand complex regulations, specifications and other information and to communicate these clearly to a wider audience● Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to guide, influence and persuade colleagues at all levels● Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills and the ability to apply them to a wide range of tasks● Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure● Good skills in computer networks , MS Office suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)● Experience of using Google suite applications (Gmail, GoogleDrive)
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Library and Information Sciences/Technology.
Required: The ability to use relevant computer software related to the learning resource center.
Minimum Requirement: 2 years’ of relevant work experience.
Preferred: Experience at the college or university level is strongly preferred.