- An R&D Manager oversees a team that develops products from the conceptual to launch stages and coordinates with departments such as operations and marketing to ensure a product’s success.
- This role involves researching and determining specifications for products including the right materials, measurements and structures as well as writing technical reports, assisting with product testing, hiring R&D team members and keeping the organization informed throughout the development process.
- Manage and develop the department’s resources with the goal of meeting or exceeding all deadlines and expectations.
- Develop new innovative products.
- Manage the new concept development and production scale up process.
- Accurately maintain R&D project records, proactively providing status reports as required.
- Collaborate with Operations to achieve project objectives.
- Conduct research in areas including process validations.
- Participate in the Packaging Validation process.
- Liaise with suppliers for new products and ingredients.
- Source new ingredients to aid in the innovation process.
- Review and sign-off specifications
- Manage sensory evaluations for commercialized products.
- Identifies and advances quality and process improvement opportunities.
- Keep current with changes in technologies and Plastic resin industry development.
- Lead and mentor direct reports while providing developmental opportunities when available.
- Cost reduction studies and analysis through new developments , operation rejection reduction.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Chemistry, or a related field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in plastics industry
- 10+ years of experience leading teams
- Experience working successfully with customers and Suppliers
- 12-15 years of experience working in plastic industry
- Strong time management, planning and analytical skills
- Strong computer usage skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Professional written and verbal communication skills, with excellent client facing skills (external) and the ability to communicate at all levels within the organization (internal).
- Ability to learn our business, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical capabilities.
- Good general understanding of business and financial principles.
- Understands the need for confidentiality in industry
- Adaptable, flexible, detail-oriented, creative, innovative thinker
- Process focused
- Team oriented
- • An organized problem solver, able to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment