The Purchasing Manager tasked is to perform the following overall duties:
● Plan, develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies by looking into the current system and search for better scheme to improve the purchasing process.
● Analyze the current buying system to identify essential market factors and alterations in the demand and supply of the goods, equipment and services.
● Familiarize and record company’s needs and the frequency of requesting for the said goods, equipment and services.
● Initiate the listing of purchase orders, posting of the said orders and conveying the same to the respective vendor.
● Keep records of orders and supplies.
● Coordinate closely with the inventory department to check the availability of goods and equipment and identify goods, equipment and services that need to be posted for order.
● Review purchase orders and keep track of the delivery of said orders including the delayed delivery of orders.
● Send notification to vendors for the delayed orders and incorrect orders.
● Track and record key market factors to reduce expenses in purchasing goods, equipment and services without compromising the quality of said goods, equipment and services.
● Create negotiation techniques with the vendors and conduct procurement activities with optimal terms.
● Generate purchasing instructions, policies and procedures, and ensures compliance thereof.
● Assess, monitor the effectiveness of purchasing procedures and revise the same for an improved purchasing operations.
● Facilitate the conduct of researches on market trends and prices involving the goods, equipment and services availed of by the company.
● Communicate with vendors to facilitate smooth purchasing process and prompt delivery of the goods, equipment and services.
● Establish a network of professional contact to broaden opportunities for better deals.
● Process payments of purchases and receive sales receipts and invoice from the vendor.
● Attend regular meetings to keep informed of the company’s objectives and report to the superior the performance of the purchasing team including the issues and concerns that hamper efficient performance of the job.
● Attend conferences to gain insights on purchasing strategies and meet prospective suppliers to have better deals.
● Comply with the company’s guidelines and business ethics.
● Observe environmental rules and safety regulations.
- Experienced as purchasing manager, officer or agent
- Familiarity with supply and vendor management
- Knack for negotiation and establishing networks
- Knowledge in market research and analyzing data
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or related field