Action Against Hunger is an international non-governmental organization working in more than 40 countries in the fields of nutrition, food security and livelihoods, water sanitation and hygiene, and care practices. ACF is looking for its program in Jordan for Psychologist
Work place: Irbid governorate, with frequent field movement to Mafraq, Zarqa and Jaresh and other Action Against Hunger offices in the country
Position Overview: To provide psychological services, mental health capacity building and supervision to MHPSS (Mental Health & Psychosocial Support) and non-specialized professionals into primary health care centers
1)To build capacities of MHPSS specialized and non-specialized professionals
- Train general practioners, family doctors, nurses, social workers and health professional in primary health care centers and hospitals on WHO Mental Health Gap Action Program (mhGAP), Thinking Healthy and Problem Management (PM+).
- After training, according to the planning, supervise regularly trained health and social professionals on mhGAP implementation: assessments of clients, basic helping and counselling skills, case studies and referral pathway. Include on the job supervision and clinical group supervision.
- Contribute to the training of ACF psychosocial workers and teams of others department on Psychological First Aid.
- Ensure the high quality of interventions in order to integrate these approaches into PHC system
2)To contribute to the other MHPSS activities
- Participate to ACF psychologists training and supervision on WHO approaches and ACF methodologies conducted by the MHPSS programme manager and the technical expert.
- Contribute to identification and mapping of PHCCs, CBOs, other actors and potential partners in the area with the aim to build their capacities or coordinate with them
- Contribute to needs and gaps assessments
- Contribute to MHPSS campaign and awareness raising sessions on mental health issues (such as stigma)
- Participate to local and national workshops organized by the deputy programme manager or programme manager, involving partners, community members, etc
- Contribute to monitoring and evaluation by collecting data in the field
- Understand and follow the logistics, financial and security procedures enabling the project implementation
3) To provide quality MHPSS remote/and group interventions to targeted beneficiaries
- To assess and evaluate the mental health and wellbeing of individuals referred to MHPSS services
- To provide remote psychological intervention to individuals whose mental health and wellbeing is impacted by COVID-19, the socioeconomic conditions in Jordan, or other circumstances in line with ACF guidelines and procedures
- To provide referrals to specialized MHPSS services or Protection (including SGBV) services when need be
- To become familiar with MHPSS and Protection (including SGBV) service mapping and pathways in order to ease referral process
- To ensure the high quality of intervention and care provided to beneficiaries
- To provide group intervention in line with ACF guidelines and procedures.
- To participate actively and regularly to Head of Department supervision sessions
4) To guarantee and ensure the confidentiality of data collected during the project
- Ensure data confidentiality, ownership of project beneficiaries and ACF
- Guarantee the confidentiality of clinical interviews / individual or group counselling with the psychologists in charge
5) Ensure adherence to Action Against Hunger gender requirements
- Commit and comply with ACF gender, age and diversity principles & policies (working with people, communication)
- Support the implementation and the promotion of gender, age and diversity principles through daily activities and or through the management of the team (managing performance & development)
- Skills and experience in psychology, psychotherapy, and supervision
- Knowledge or experience on the organizations of mental health services in public heath settings
- Knowledge or experience in applying international guidelines for mental health care integration into primary health care (e.g. WHO’s tools, as mhGAP, PM+, etc.)
- Strong training and supervisory skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, prioritizing and communication skills
- High capacity of work, able to overcome stress and work under pressure, with high degree of flexibility
- Professional, autonomous, organized, mature, self-motivated
- Knowledge of local cultures and barriers (Syrian/Jordanian)
- Basic computer knowledge
- Data collection knowledge
- Sense of confidentiality
- Master’s degree in Psychology (Clinical Psychology is an asset) is mandatory from an accredited and nationally recognized University
- MoH License is mandatory
Professional experience requested:
- At least 3 years of professional experience and 2 year of field experience with humanitarian NGO
- Experience working in developing and urban contexts
- Experience working on the Syrian crisis, Middle East, (desired)
Language level: fluent in Arabic,Good level of English
Action Against Hunger is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Action Against Hunger has zero-tolerance for bribery, corruption or abuse of power in any form. If you suspect or find yourself in a related situation during your interaction with Action Against Hunger, immediately contact the organization’s management through the following address:
Please note that any application submitted through the abuse report address will not be considered.
How to apply:
Deadline for receiving applications: 02/08/2022 CoB
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Local recruitment is highly encouraged
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted