The job holder is responsible to plan, organize, manage, control, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for execution of logistics projects including the adoption of adequate project management processes and procedures in order to ensure the transportation of goods are executed on schedule and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Effectively coorintae with customer to know the demand in advnce and plan the daily , weekely & monthly location & share the plan with senior management.
- Plans, monitors, and coordinates all activities related to execution of logistics projects to ensure that goals or objectives of respective contracts are accomplished within prescribed time frame with minimum claims and accidents.
- Consults with Project staff to review work plans and approves/delegates their responsibilities and tasks.
- Reviews project performance or plan to determine time span, cost constraints, necessary procedures for project completion, optimal utilization/availability of fleet and resources.
- Guides in the development of detailed work plan with clearly delineated procedures, resource and time limitations, and the required personnel.
- Coordinates and monitors their activities to guarantee adherence to work plan schedule and budget.
- Ensures all the projects work is monitored continuously in order to ensure work is as per schedules and any project-lag is spotted quickly and addressed immediately so that critical path activities do not get affected and recoveries from jobs are maximized.
- Tracks customer satisfaction and ensures complaints / dissatisfaction reasons are addressed quickly.
- Confers and cooperates with Division Manager and others in formulating and implementing administrative, operational and customer relations policies and procedures.
- Ensures proper reviews of transportation schedules, worker assignments and routes are done, ensure compliance with standards for personnel selection and safety.
- Ensures that the project managers, the project staff and marketing team are competent as well as trained adequately. Manages and supports team effectively to enhance execution of various transportation projects.
- Enforces compliance project staff with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and government regulations.
- Ensure implementation of preventive maintenance program, and ensure keep the fleet operating in a proper condition.
- Follows procedures of reporting on performance, budgets and other reports required from time to time to the Direct Manager.
- Personal Effectiveness
- Job Expertise
- Customer Orientation
- Commercial Awareness
- Team Working
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Managing & Developing People
- Planning & Organizing
- Analyzing & Problem Solving