Our client, a well-known holding company in Qatar, is looking for a Project Manager – Civil for one of its construction companies to join their team in Doha. The main objective of this role is to oversee large construction projects and supervise the project team.
- Drafts, negotiates, and advises on investor agreements including engagement letters, mandates, facility letters, loan agreements, subscription agreements, and security agreements.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Proven experience as construction project manager.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field, with 15 years of experience.
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage.