- As a Cost Controller, you will be responsible for developing and implementing cost control procedures to ensure efficient financial management within the organization.
- Collaborate with project managers and cross-functional teams to develop, monitor, and control project budgets, ensuring accurate cost estimates for any/all materials, installation, and associated project expenses.
- Monitor and forecast cash flows for individual projects, considering the timing of material procurement, installation milestones, and payment schedules. Ensure adequate liquidity to meet project needs.
- Identify and assess financial risks associated & develop strategies to mitigate risks and ensure the financial success of projects.
- Prepare in-depth financial reports and presentations, offering detailed insights into cost performance, budget compliance, and strategic financial planning to aid in effective decision-making.
- Ensure compliance with financial terms and conditions in contracts related to material supply and installation. Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to address any discrepancies.
- Proven minimum experience (3 years) in the relevant construction/contracting sector.
- Knowledge of financial software like MS office and Oracle
- Advanced Excel skills are often prerequisites for success in this role.
- Proficient analytical abilities are a must for a successful cost controller, enabling the evaluation of financial data and identification of cost variances.
- A cost controller should possess strong communication skills to facilitate collaboration with different departments, present financial reports, and offer valuable recommendations for cost improvements.
- The skill set of a cost controller should include expertise in budgeting, covering the creation, monitoring, and management of budgets for optimal financial control.