The Royal Film Commission – Jordan (RFC) is seeking to fill the position of Production Services Coordinator.
This position is in the Production Department at RFC and the incumbent will report to the Production Services Department Manager.
Handling production projects, including: preparing forms and applications, coordinating on submittals as per applicable procedures. Monitoring and following- up the progress of shooting permits and approvals, communicating with the concerned parties in this regard.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling any designated production project from start to finish, as per the assigned tasks and when requested. Implementing filing of all documents related to the procedures handled, and preparing all official letters for permits, and other official letters to concerned entities, including informing and liaising with production companies.
- Conducting set visits to provide support to production’s projects within the locations under the jurisdiction of RFC.
- Keeping and managing filing systems and records, in both physical and electronic forms, updating production logs, filing copies of forms and submittals, as well as updating databases in a timely manner and easy to retrieve.
- Sharing all Production Services Department (PSD) related external communication with all PSD team members to ensure continuity of the process for all projects.
- Assisting, based on needs and as per the instructions of the direct manager, in any task related to PSD hospitality for activities and events of visiting production guests and companies. Working with the team on preparations and logistics for FAM tours and other PSD activities and events.
- Representing the RFC in the filmmaking industry’s trade shows and markets, as required and according to the department’s plans.
- Preparing studies, statistics and research data and requirements for the PSD use, and as per the set guidelines, when needed.
- Processing Department of Customs related requests with the concerned team members.
- Preparing and collecting data for the related components of PSD monthly and annual reports. In addition to any specific PSD reports.
- Keeping track and ensuring to have comprehensive and up-to-date information and data on filming procedures inside the country and worldwide; updating data internally and sharing necessary information with the filmmakers as needed.
- Preparing PSD announcements and gathering information from the film industry.
- Conducting and preparing surveys and discussion sessions related to the film industry.
- Updating the production directory, including receiving and reviewing applications, ensuring all necessary information and documents are added and updated, and communicating with external parties as needed.
- Keeping and handling filing systems including updating productions’ logs, recording copies of forms and submittals, as well as feeding the database in a timely manner to ensure that data are easy to retrieve.
- Compiling and analyzing data, including breaking down statistics and quantifying information as needed.
- Assisting in coordination for any awareness sessions related to the film industry and filmmakers, including all logistical preparations needed to conduct the sessions, preparing callouts, distributing surveys and questionnaires, collecting data, and preparing relevant reports.
- 3 – 5 years of experience, three of which related to the filmmaking industry in Jordan.
- B.A. in business administration or a relevant field. A degree in filmmaking is a plus.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent spoken and written English, in addition to Arabic.
- Good knowledge of the Kingdom and its main filming locations.
- Team spirit.
- Good at dealing with external interlocutors, be them foreign producers or local entities.
- Willing to travel inside or outside the country whenever needed.
- Experience in film production is highly preferable.
- Film culture is desirable.