Buying of products including branded & non-branded stocks to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
• Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
• Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments in the buying processes and new projects and activities
• Identifying customer preferences, monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
• Provide analysis on costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
• Negotiate contracts, improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and best practice tools and methods
• Manage the entire PO process to ensure optimal inventory
• Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships.
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures during supplier negotiations and PO release process.
• Visit the market to research products & study market trends. Use the market visits to also add more suppliers to the base.
• Work with the WH to ensure correct in-warding of stocks as well as clear any other issues in the process
• Work with the content & merchandising teams to ensure the best visibility for the products procured.
• Ensure all reconciliations are done within the planned time for smooth payments.
Qualification Required : Masters, Bachelors
Experience Required : 0-3
• Able to build and maintain effective and productive relationships with staff, stakeholders and suppliers
• Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
• Able to manage time effectively, priorities tasks and achieve set targets.
• Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the customer order fulfilment as well as profitability.
• Able to work well under pressure and handle emergency and stressful situations.
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of shipping terms.