What You’ll Be Doing:
- Civil and Transport infrastructure drainage design
- Detailed analysis and review of hydrological and hydraulic models
- Provide technical design expertise for drainage and stormwater quality systems, including piped networks and major transverse drainage structures. Embrace and promote a leading digital work environment and delivery culture
- Hydraulic and System design of the complex environment to meet site-specific requirements
- Applying knowledge and experience of the biological and physical process of stormwater management
- Applying innovative ideas, technology, and value engineering solutions
- Supervision/Mentoring and support to intermediate and junior engineers
- Undertake hydrologic modeling, calculations, drawings, report writing, design review, and supervision
- Leading the projects, taking a high level of responsibility, building a strong relationship with clients, and obtaining design approvals
- Coordinating with the CAD / BIM / 3-D modeling teams on projects
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum 15 years experience in water engineering, including stormwater drainage design in civil and transport projects, stormwater management, and planning. Minimum 9 years of regional experience is essential and familiar with the Dubai Municipality design standards.
- Sound knowledge of principles of hydrology and hydraulics.
- Demonstrated understanding of hydrologic and hydraulic modeling/design software packages used in the design of surface drainage, piped networks, cross drainage, and flood analysis, i.e., CAD skills, SWMM, HEC RAS, and HEC-HMS knowledge
- Experience with Infoworks ICM, 1D/2D is compulsory.
- Excellent command with GIS and CAD tools such as ArcMap, AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microstation.
- The capability of mathematics to create calculation sheets and perform further calculations where required to ensure the design is appropriate.
- Knowledge of Water Sensitive Design and Sustainable Drainage Design (SuDS).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A collegiate, team-player attitude
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) qualified (or equivalent) or well-progressed towards qualification.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team and encourage collaboration
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver results within the project timeline.
What Desired Skills You’ll Bring:
- A Master’s Degree in Water Engineering/Hydrology would be an advantage