Position Physical Rehabilitation Field Officer
Contract 1 year renewable
The Physical Rehabilitation Field Officer contributes to implementing Physical Rehabilitation activities and agenda under the supervision of the Physical Rehabilitation Program (PRP) Manager, the PRP Team Leader and the ICRC Head of Sub delegation in Tyr. S/he organizes and coordinates with the partner the Physical Rehabilitation services provision for the persons with physical impairment or disabilities prosthetic, orthotics, mobility aids and physiotherapy in the south region of Lebanon. S/he is a full member of the interdisciplinary rehabilitation which ensures patient centered care and works closely with the ICRC health team. S/he manages and updates patient files and treatment records, coordinates with the different academic institutions and follows up various social inclusion activities. S/he will contribute to the mapping including the updates of PRP related actors in the South. S/he support the health department to identify a referral system for PRP services users, and S/he conduct a need assessment at the community level
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the multidisciplinary consultations for patient assessments and treatment prescriptions with the national clinicians and/or associations.
- Participates in field trips and links with communities’ level for the PRP outreach activities (eg: Ein El Helweh, Chebaa…)
- Helps promote best practice in coordination with the physical rehabilitation team and provides technical capacity building to the staff of the supported Physical Rehabilitation Center based on ICRC guidelines
- Monitors patient’s progresses, and continuity of care planning with respective referral system in the communities’ levels.
- Contributes to deliver training and coaching based on ICRC guidelines.
- Performs initial evaluation of patient and families for vulnerability in relation to ICRC criteria of admission for physical rehabilitation services.
- Assess needs of people with disabilities via field assessment, development of a networking (NGOs hospitals…) and develop and consolidate a system of referral for the PRP beneficiaries.
- Screens PRP patients in the Area of Responsibility (AoR) and coordinates with health department at Sub-Delegation (SD) when required the referral for the continuum of care.
- Updates patient lists and contributes in internal ICRC reporting (including patient management system).
- In cased of onset of emergency (disaster, violence’s, or other situation of conflict), s/he conduct a needs assessment in his area of responsibilities in coordination with the sub-delegation management and the PRP team.
- Is the primary interlocutor of the PRP partner located in his/her AoR and other relevant NGOs working in the field of Physical Rehabilitation sector.
- Provides support in distributing mobility aids to the affected population throughout rehabilitation centers, hospitals or directly to the patients at the community level.
MINIMUM REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree level for either physiotherapy or ortho-prosthetics
- 3 to 5 years work experience either in physiotherapy or ortho-prosthetics with at least 2 years of previous NGOs experience
- Very good experience in rehabilitation of amputees
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Package
- Capacity building and training related experience
- Very good command in Arabic and English (written & spoken). French is a plus
- Very good communication skills, Analytical thinking and Professional ethics
- Excellent knowledge of the South area
Please send the CV and Cover Letter in one document.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.