Job purpose:The Outlet General Manager is the key to the success of the operation. He / She must be a leader, a public relations expert, and a quality control specialist. He/ She is the person who keeps the restaurant profitable and running smoothly. His / her duties include managing the restaurant and developing and motivating his / her team to achieve high standards of customer satisfaction, within the company requirements. As part of the management team, he/she contributes to company policies and procedures. He/she must maintain open communication with his/her management team, the operations manager, and the company support office.
Role and Responsibilities
Maintaining Standard Procedure
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed in his or her Outlet as mentioned in the ‘Quit Operations Manual’.
- Never change any policies, standards, and or specifications of the operation.
- Accept full responsibility for a change in policy, standards, specifications of operations.
- Be committed to implement production standards. Understanding that these have been developed to enhance the brand.
- Ensure the bar leader and outlet head chef adhere to cost control procedures as outlined in the operations manual
- Conduct random inspections in the kitchen and the bar, using proper methods, and even better use appropriate checklists.
- Follow the ordering, purchasing, receiving, and storing procedures strictly.
- Always act in the best interests of the company with regards to minimizing
Quality Control: Production and Service
- He/she is responsible for checking the quality of the received food and beverage products at his/her outlet.
- Ensure all Received products are stored in their designated locations (dry store, cold rooms, and freezers) properly and safely.
- Ensure that all food and beverage products are being consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and service standards.
- Periodically check the outlet stores so that a constant flow of food and beverage items is assured. (check expiry dates, spoiled produce, and report as necessary)
- Have a keen eye for detail and be constantly aware of the “total picture” within the restaurant.
- Supervise all processing and cooking operations with respect of:
- Standardized recipes
- Standardized portioning
- Standardized preparation methods
- Wastage and leftover control
- Expiry date and products freshness
Guest Service Quality
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly, and courteous service timings along the standards set for the restaurant.
- Fill in where needed to ensure that guest service standards are properly met.
- Develop a local loyal guest database.
- Verify that the guest receives the food and beverage quality set by the company.
- Participate in resolving all customer complaints, no matter how minor they are. Never think that wowing customers is by offers only.
- Personally, visit all guests’ tables and make sure that is enjoying a great experience at his/her restaurant.
Cleanliness and Maintenance Responsibility’s
- Achieve company targets in the appearance of his/her outlet, its sanitization, and cleanliness through training of employees. Ensure that his/her outlet is impeccably clean, pleasant, and tidy.
- Be responsible for repair and maintenance of all equipment used with an acceptable budget and using maintenance sheets and checklists, implement a preventive maintenance program.
- Ensure that the furniture and fixtures in his/her branch are clean and in good condition. Report any deterioration as quickly as possible.
- Keep on the equipment value after long years of use especially kitchen equipment.
- Actively participate in making the restaurant a profitable operation, and constantly find ways to maximize revenues at all times. Be creative and always eager to come up with new ideas.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures by company policy and procedure.
- Scheduling labor as required by anticipated business activities while ensuring that all positions are staffed when and as needed and that labor cost objectives are met.
- Actively participate in defining and planning for the outlet budget.
- Know the actual figures versus budget for sales and costs. Receive from the OM all needed data to reduce and achieve preset targets.
- Must work Managing Fruit Juices outlets
- Must work in Operations
- People management
- Salary from 9K-11K – depends on the experience and interview.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor/TS/BS degree or equivalent education in culinary science is required, or similar hospitality management
- Work EXPERIENCE:
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in the food services industry with at least two years in the same position, while experience in a multi-unit food service company or high-end casual dining venue is also preferred.
Technical skills and KNOWLEDGE:
- P&L Reporting
- Recruitment & Disciplinary
- Training & Development
- Local competitor knowledge
- Specific brand cuisine & service standards
- Decision making
- New outlet openings
- Restaurant marketing promotions
- Knowledge of Food & Beverage products
- Written and spoken English
- Leadership skills
- Recruitment and staff selection
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Conduct staff meetings
- Put the business needs first
- Computer skills – Windows, word, excel, outlook, POS & stock management systems, PowerPoint
- Customer relations
Managerial competency (for Managers only)
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports: P&L, cost control reports, or others
- Training & Coaching ability
- Budgeting & forecasting
- KSA Labour Laws and dispensary procedures
- Preparing reports & presentations
- Evaluating Team members
- Managing Human resources