Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, and convenience – Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon’s evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA. The world’s brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
About Compliance Operations (C- Ops)
C – Ops is responsible for conducting operational and transactional tasks for the programs within PARS Organization. C-Ops ensures that Amazon transactions satisfy legal and safety requirements in compliance with guidelines set by regulatory bodies. We coordinate with aspects of identifying the risk involved in handling a hazardous product while storage and transport and classifying products with appropriate hazmat attributes. This team also review aspects of product transactions that are regulated (distribution, shipping, sale, and import/export). This involves analyzing product import documentation. We focus on product testing, certification, and regulatory permitting to ensure customer safety and protect Amazon in a constantly changing global environment.
The successful candidate for this role will be a fast, clear and independent thinker who is naturally curious about how things work, importance of Quality in any process, is metrics and number savvy, has an analytical mindset and has demonstrated leadership ability and ability to drive process excellence. This person will need an ability to see the big picture/whole system and execute on grass root level to improve the global quality operations. Additionally, should show success in following-up and getting things done ( Influence without authority) and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric and ever changing environment. Candidate will interact with different nodes to encourage participation and their support in cross node Kaizen events and will interact with regional Ops mgr-Quality to implement standard practices across all nodes.
- Documentation of operating metrics, communicate root causes to stakeholders and carry forward lessons learned from quality concerns
- Implements risk management solutions globally
- Introduce new systems and procedures that drive defect identification and reduction
- Verify operating metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate
- Coach a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Communicates across all levels on operations and program progress.
- Provide focused feedback loops for teams based on performance and quality data.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis ( 5 Whys Analysis/ Fish Bone Analysis) and Error Trend Analysis
- Drive defect elimination or improvement programs by working along with various stakeholders (Ops, Program, Tech, Data Analytics to name a few).
- Leverage (and guide team to do) data analyses to study ambiguous data and arrive at corrective and preventive actions based on data-backed insights
- Identify ways to reduce manual dependency on capturing, visualizing, and analyzing ambiguous data sets with minimal guidance or support
- Drive efficiency improvements by eliminating non value add processes and introducing automation capabilities- Analyze the key levers of the business to identify trends and proactively take action to improve efficiency and quality.
- Work with software/ tech/ data analytics teams to articulate and prioritize feature needs for system and tools.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree( B- Tech Preferred)
- Minimum of 4-6 years’ experience working in a quality environment and driven improvements through the application of Six Sigma tools and concepts.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in people management
- Experience in or demonstrated ability to coach people/teams without formal responsibility and interacting and building rapport with teams of all levels
- Experience in owning improvement projects to remove defects
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to present findings to groups
- Self-starter capable to taking initiative and working with minimal direction
- Comfortable with data analysis and detailed investigation; able to coordinate workload
- Strong Analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing a project portfolio. Small/Medium Project management experience.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
- Experience in Implementation of Quality Management System ( QMS)
- Experience in Analytics and dashboard creation ( in Tableau, Power BI, etc.)