A Logistics clerk organizes records such as supplier contracts, quotations, and tender documents, both physically and digitally to support a robust audit chain for the logistics department.
Daily duties will involve copying and scanning originals, organizing the server according to pre-defined nomenclature and topography, and carrying out spot checks on the physical archive for historical projects
Essential Job Responsibilities:
– Assists Logistics as needed on creating clear and understandable Order Forms and other documentation.
– Support logistics team in handling all tender processes through Whatsapp.
– Prepare tender opening folders with all updated offers. prior to tender opening day
– Support on handling laptop tender inbox, prepare offers, BID Register, and Manage Questions
– Maintaining the Supplier Database (PRO-03.1) for ACTED Syria, identifying new sources for common commodities.
– Register 100% of new orders on the Capital Order Form Follow-Up (OFFU) and record the progress of each procurement until the completed file is transferred to Finance for payment.
– Other duties and tasks as assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge for the role
- Hard-working and self-motivated candidate with demonstrated organizational skills
- English/Arabic language skills
- Systematic mindset, capable of breaking a large task down to achievable milestones
Desired Skills, Knowledge, and Experience
– Knowledge of logistics processes including the tender process
– Knowledge of geography and the territorial context in Syria is plus
– Excel Skills
– Understanding of file-sharing (Dropbox, NAS) systems and Google online tools
– Ability to streamline/automate processes and develop systems is a plus