We are recruiting for a Legal Counsel to work for a reputable multi-national engineering company based in Sharjah. The company employ over 500 employees across the Middle East, Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Please note only people with a law degree, good knowledge of US law and experience working with a multi-national company can be considered.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for legal & compliance matters for HQ office and its subsidiaries. Ensure conformity with laws and regulations, draft, reviews, amend
agreements & documents and provides advice on safeguarding the Company’s interests.
• Responsible for compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures and Applicable Laws
(particularly corporate, commercial, employment, antitrust, trade, licensing and
tax regulations, intellectual property and anti-boycott laws) for the Company and
its subsidiaries, including coordinating distribution of Company policies to employees.
• Ensure compliance with applicable export control laws including U.S. and E.U.
• Providing support of compliance monitoring activities (including audits) and compliance
activities including legal risk assessments.
• Drafts, reviews, interprets and amends legal opinions, agreements, letters, memos,
submissions and any other relevant documents related to the business, projects or
• Anticipate the risks and legal needs, alert, advise and propose appropriate solutions
• Provide training on compliance law and policies
• Analyse and interpret new regulations within the Region and contributes to an appropriate spread of information
• Conduct legal studies and provide legal opinions.
• Maintaining and updating legal policies and procedures.
• Overseeing all corporate legal affairs of the Company and its subsidiaries including the
drafting and circulating for the signature of board and shareholders resolutions.
• Oversee litigious and alternative dispute resolution matters.